Goodbye Jesus

Elon Musk leads 116 experts calling for outright ban on killer robots

Fweethawt

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

You are correct Vigile I have no personal knowledge of Russia. I can only say  Russian citizens & American businessmen who have business interst in Russia tell a very different story about Russia on American TV.  They seem to have had a different experience than what you have had. I assume you are going to tell me Putin's political foes have not been put in prison, where they often die under mysterious circumstances, or are assassinated. That doesn't really happen right, they are all lying about those things, correct?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that all of this is true. Putin is killing his opposition or imprisoning them. I've pointed out above that I don't think these things are accurately reported, but again, for the purpose of an intellectual exercise, let's say they are. We establish rules against these types of things because we worry about how they impact the masses of people, right? If it's really just a question of what is right and wrong, the US, with it's wars is way out in front in the sin game, but it's a lot more than just a question of absolute morality isn't it? 

So, how has this impacted Russian society? I've provided a brief synopsis of what life is like for the average Russian. Cops don't shoot them. They have relatively stress free lives with a lot of perks Americans don't generally have. So, what's the issue? Should America 'free' the Russian people from this 'despot' when the American people are worse off than the Russian people? Will the people be better off after America sets them free from this 'dictator'? Is Ukraine now better off without Yanukovych

Are you starting to see how some of the western criticisms leveled against Putin and Russia are a bit nonsensical from the average Russian citizen's point of view? Isn't the average Russian's point of view the only thing that matters here from the perspective of you, me and just other average humans? 

Goodbye Jesus

I would have no way of knowing what the average Russian thinks. You're happier in Russia than you were in the United States, so your move to Russian was the right move for you.