Goodbye Jesus

Jimmy Swaggert

xrayman7040

I am new here so I don't know it this subject has been brought up a million times or not. When I came of age and was in the midst of my sinful lifestyle, Jimmy Swaggert was the closest thing to Gawd you could get. He was the Shit. I would watch his semons out of curiousity sometimes and it was if he was talking to me when he was mentioning what type of people would burn in Hell. I have to admit he would scare me at times.

Then when it came out he was having sex with a very unattractive hooker, it was such a great feeling. That bastard was no different than the rest of us, in fact he was worse. Well anyway I tought, like Jim and Tammy he got out of the religion business for good. Well not too long ago I was up at five in the morning and who do I see? The mother fucker Swaggert is back on the air. Jimmy is now old and disshoveled. He looks like a Saturday Night Live character of his former self, yet he still has the guts to ask people to send him money, and the sad part is, there are morons who are doing it, or he wouldn't be on the air. Can you imaginge where all these guys would be if every human on earth stopped sending these guys money? I have no problem with people supporitng their local churches. They gotta have heat and lights, but to fuel the decidant lifestyle of a famous preacher is probably one of the most moronic acts a human can commit.

Goodbye Jesus

Welcome, xray.

Swaggart is, of course, a moron. The boom of emotionally dramatical, Babble-thumping tv preachers is a reletively recent one, and Swaggart rode the popularity wave well. He's still got loads of admirers, and many fundies still swallow nonsense like the sort he spews. When I was a fundy Protestant Xian for about a year, I really got into Swaggart's preaching. I was big on televangelists back then, and he was amongst the zombies I watched every week. But of course, his ideology rang hollow, and his mythology was empty, so I went back to Catholicism, and from there out of Xianity altogether.

People really do display their gullibility when they send money to anyone who just asks for it, be it a politician or a tv preacher. People really ought to know better than to turn on televised spam like this guy, especially with both the amount of evidence against televangelists like him and against Xianity overall. But, there is a sucker born every minute, as P.T. Barnum said, and the fact Swaggart and his ilk are still in business is ample proof of that.

Then when it came out he was having sex with a very unattractive hooker, it was such a great feeling. That bastard was no different than the rest of us, in fact he was worse.

gallery_242_17_2702.jpg

:HaHa: