Goodbye Jesus

Wife's Thinking?

garrisonjj

Have any of you been going to church together only to find out your wife thought it was bogus and only went for your or the childern"s sake? This is what I am experiencing now,,,Thanks

no, but i wish i was experiencing that. im agnostic, but the mrs. is a christian =[

I was in a similar situation years ago. Despite the fact that I was an agnostic and wasn't a fan of organized religion what so ever. I agreed with my wife that it would be a good idea to join a local church for the kid's sake. I lasted three or four Sudays and that was about it. The wife and kids made it a couple more times than I, but it's been years since any of them have been back to that church. I started getting bitter about my hard earned cash going in the collection plate, for my wife was always very generous. If you do believe in God, he shouldn't cost you a dime.

Have any of you been going to church together only to find out your wife thought it was bogus and only went for your or the childern"s sake? This is what I am experiencing now,,,Thanks

You wanna swap wives??? :grin:

I'm joking. I've seen a few similiar stories on this site, but not many. I'm glad for you!

It's interesting how religion/spirituality is such a touch subject. In some cases neither one really buys it, but the both go assuming it's what other spouse wants.

Not sure where I was going with that, but one would think spirituality should be a transparent topic. :shrug:

Back to work for me now... :78:

My husband and I have a baby due soon, and I've been worried as to whether or not this will cause any tension between us. He is a christian and I'm not...I was just thinking I'd go along with the baby dedication, sunday school etc. but I'm really not so sure.

Yeah, I think you need to talk this over with hubby. Does he know you're an apostate? If so, perhaps he would do a Unitarian church as compromise or something like that.

Talking to him would be the ideal thing to do, but his mind is so set on his beliefs that I think it would just turn into an argument. He's from Ghana, west Africa, and the majority of the population there is devoutly christian, as in maybe what america was like in the 50s. Very superstitious, zero tolerance for homosexuality, etc. So.....oh, I dunno. I'm gonna have a hell of a time with this one.

Oh, and I've told him that I don't believe in Jesus or God anymore, but I'm sure he's in denial about it.

That is about what happened with my husband and myself. We were both having doubts, did not share with each other because we did not want to "pull the other one down spiritually", so we continued to go to church. I then finally spoke up cause I just could not do it anymore, here he felt the same way that I did. What a relief!

Guest Christ

My girl is an atheist. In fact, that was one of the first questions I asked before we started dating. I don't think I could handle being with a christian, much less a fundie. We've been together almost 5 years now and are engaged. :grin:

My girl is an atheist. In fact, that was one of the first questions I asked before we started dating. I don't think I could handle being with a christian, much less a fundie. We've been together almost 5 years now and are engaged. :grin:

Congrats, Christ. GarrisonJJ, that is a good thing that she also thinks going to church is bogus, too. Perhaps you both can sit down and real hash out your feelings towards christianity and stop living the "myth." You'll both feel a lot better!