Goodbye Jesus

Not many will believe in the word.

Borticus

Why is it that with the writers of the Bible that go out of their way to say that very few will answer the call of Yahweh? Seriously, scattered throughout the whole book (mostly in the NT from what I remember) the extensively claim many will not bother calling to God. Is this some sort of collective victim complex or did the writers of the book and early church founders have so little faith in their own doctrines?

• Like 2

It may be part of the "You're Special" sales pitch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Christianity was virtually an unknown religion at the time & was in competition with a lot of established Religions with large followings. The teachings found in Christianity at that time were largely unknown and the ability to communicate on a large scale was limited at best. Additionally Christianity was divided between the Gnostic's & the Orthodox groups and each group believed & taught different things. Neither group had reached a dominate position yet so Christianity was fragmented & largely unorganized. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

You see, God's plan is not only to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself, but also to fail to do so.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rounin said:

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

You see, God's plan is not only to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself, but also to fail to do so.

First & foremost, the Bible was written by men. The imaginary God of the Universe had nothing to do with it. The scripture you referenced was obviously written to scare people & that makes them easier to control & encourages them to be obedient. This particular scripture is intended to create doubt in the minds of believers & that will make them worker harder to please God & avoid Hell. 

It is all a scam designed to scare naive people into worshipping their man made God, and to get their money too, of course. Scripture is full of this kind of non-sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Geezer said:

First & foremost, the Bible was written by men. The imaginary God of the Universe had nothing to do with it. The scripture you referenced was obviously written to scare people & that makes them easier to control & encourages them to be obedient. This particular scripture is intended to create doubt in the minds of believers & that will make them worker harder to please God & avoid Hell. 

It is all a scam designed to scare naive people into worshipping their man made God, and to get their money too, of course. Scripture is full of this kind of non-sense.

I would say that this is the scripture that scared me more than all the others. This scripture alone, can turn into a nightmare for the person who never feels that they do enough. That would have been me back then. 

Always, thank you to the people on this site who make things very simple to understand. It still gives great comfort knowing you don't have to be afraid anymore. :kiss:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1