Goodbye Jesus

Debunking Christianity with the Bible

ToddJ

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 1:27.

Evidently pure religion is not a conversion to Christianity according to the Bible itself.  Please do feel free to post any other verses that debunk Christianity as I'm sure there are plenty.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1. Nuff said :D

Isiah 7:14

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel

Matthew 1:21-23

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Now, something is way off beam here. This is why Christians claim prophesy is 100% fulfilled - they just make shit up - literally make it up.

You shall call his name Jesus that it might be fulfilled that you shall call his name Emmanuel. WTF??? Seriously you need next level apologetics to get around that one.

• Like 1

John 14:12-14

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Some say that was only for the Apostles, most believers tend to apply it to themselves. But try growing back amputated limbs, healing the blind, or anything that makes the promise encounter physical reality.

Matthew 6:25-33 (end of the Sermon on the Mount)

Implies that God will provide food and clothing and not to worry about them. Birds get fed by God (actually by working their little tail feathers off hunting), flowers are beautiful because God (genetics, and a lot of us aren't so great genetically)  "33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  But how many believers did you know (perhaps yourself) that couldn't make rent, lost homes or cars and then jobs? True, worry doesn't help. But the promise of basic necessities for seeking God simply doesn't happen for most believers. They still have to work and scrape together a living, and give a tithe to the man in the nice suit.

New International Version
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

The son of man aint here yet.  Ergo Bible is fake.

Deuteronomy 13.1-3,5: "Prophets or interpreters of dreams may promise a miracle or a wonder, in order to lead you to worship and serve gods that you have not worship[p]ed before. Even if what they promise comes true, do not pay any attention to them. The Lord your God is using them to test you, to see if you love the Lord with all your heart. [...] But put to death any interpreters of dreams or prophets that tell you to rebel against the Lord [...] Such people are evil and are trying to lead you away from the life that the Lord has commanded you to live. They must be put to death, in order to rid yourselves of this evil."
Jesus especially in John is painted as God.  A prophet with a radical message and miracles that do come true.

The Jews followed scripture and put him to death.  So this debunks Christianity.

6 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Deuteronomy 13.1-3,5: "Prophets or interpreters of dreams may promise a miracle or a wonder, in order to lead you to worship and serve gods that you have not worship[p]ed before. Even if what they promise comes true, do not pay any attention to them. The Lord your God is using them to test you, to see if you love the Lord with all your heart. [...] But put to death any interpreters of dreams or prophets that tell you to rebel against the Lord [...] Such people are evil and are trying to lead you away from the life that the Lord has commanded you to live. They must be put to death, in order to rid yourselves of this evil."
Jesus especially in John is painted as God.  A prophet with a radical message and miracles that do come true.

The Jews followed scripture and put him to death.  So this debunks Christianity.

"'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel.

Ezekiel 14:9

It's always nice to now that the LORD entices prophets to utter lies.  God of truth or...?

• 4 weeks later...

I have created a couple of YouTube videos demonstrating that the Bible contradicts itself. Each video takes only about a minute to watch.

Psalm 136:10 A Bible Verse That Contradicts Itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dF6jWZRLM

2 Samuel 24 & 1 Chronicles 21 Three Bible self-contradictions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RgJf6MSgs