Goodbye Jesus

Anyone dealt with conspiracy theories?

Callum

2 years ago I believed in conspiracys such as the illuminat being run by satan and all the entertainment industry were pushing it. With things such as lyrics backwards in songs or images including 1 eye or inverted crosses. Recently I was watching a video by a rapper "Lil uzi vert" And in this video it has arabic writing, he is wearing upside down crosses and him and The Weeknd are doing the one eye thing. This freaked me the fuck out so I investigated it more and I got some people saying the arabic was a bunch of gibberish and poorly translated and other people saying its arabic backwards which is islamic for black magic. Theres also the idea that saying Lil uzi vert fast sounds like Lucifer. Then I went head first down the rabbit hole looking at other songs where if you play them backwards they say 13 and other weird stuff. And other singers and rappers incorporating one eyed symbolism, triangles and upside down crosses in their music videos.

Back on to the Lil uzi vert topic I found out that he is a big fan of Marilyn Manson who is a satanist. He is literally associated with the devil and his stuff never bothers me which doesn't make any sense. One of the first things that comes in my head is he is doing this or shock value and to get people interested. (I guess its working lol) but then I see so many singers do it my brain refuses to think its a coincidence. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for reading.

All of that is just as creepy as Christianity or any other religion for that matter.

All entertainers like that go for shock value. The wrestling guys are legitimately huge and can smack people down, but they do a lot of it for show. Black Sabbath did it to sell records, not because they believed any of it. Blue Oyster Cult's logo of un upside down cross with a question mark at the bottom was rumored by Christians to be "questioning the crucifixion", but was really supposed to be the old alchemical symbol for lead (a "heavy metal"). Groups like Maranatha staged lots of seminars on all the allegedly satanic things they found in rock music, and the vast majority were either false or put there specifically by the bands to stir up controversy and thus free advertising.

Some rock bands from the 70s were heavy into Satanic shock BS. 

It’s probably really good for selling records/music/artists. Fun to scare your parents and/or be rebellious. 

The only spirit that is control of the entertainment industry is the $$. Imo. Satan plays second fiddle to money. :)

On 23/12/2017 at 3:25 AM, Fuego said:

All entertainers like that go for shock value. The wrestling guys are legitimately huge and can smack people down, but they do a lot of it for show. Black Sabbath did it to sell records, not because they believed any of it. Blue Oyster Cult's logo of un upside down cross with a question mark at the bottom was rumored by Christians to be "questioning the crucifixion", but was really supposed to be the old alchemical symbol for lead (a "heavy metal"). Groups like Maranatha staged lots of seminars on all the allegedly satanic things they found in rock music, and the vast majority were either false or put there specifically by the bands to stir up controversy and thus free advertising.

It's weird when I look at heavy metal bands or singers like Marilyn Manson. The satanic related stuff is literally in plain view but it doesn't bother me. One of my favourite bands has a song that bashes religion and it doesn't phase me.

Idk im just confused.

On 12/23/2017 at 11:55 AM, Callum said:

2 years ago I believed in conspiracys such as the illuminat being run by satan and all the entertainment industry were pushing it. With things such as lyrics backwards in songs or images including 1 eye or inverted crosses. Recently I was watching a video by a rapper "Lil uzi vert" And in this video it has arabic writing, he is wearing upside down crosses and him and The Weeknd are doing the one eye thing. This freaked me the fuck out so I investigated it more and I got some people saying the arabic was a bunch of gibberish and poorly translated and other people saying its arabic backwards which is islamic for black magic. Theres also the idea that saying Lil uzi vert fast sounds like Lucifer. Then I went head first down the rabbit hole looking at other songs where if you play them backwards they say 13 and other weird stuff. And other singers and rappers incorporating one eyed symbolism, triangles and upside down crosses in their music videos.

Back on to the Lil uzi vert topic I found out that he is a big fan of Marilyn Manson who is a satanist. He is literally associated with the devil and his stuff never bothers me which doesn't make any sense. One of the first things that comes in my head is he is doing this or shock value and to get people interested. (I guess its working lol) but then I see so many singers do it my brain refuses to think its a coincidence. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for reading.

I've never really gone for conspiracy theories. At one stage as a Christian I did believe a secret Illuminati group was running the world (G W Bush jr, and Tony Blair were part of it).

Of course I believed the devil ran the worlds blah blah, and everyone was pawns of satan unless you are saved.

Regarding Satanists - from what little I know of them I don't think they literally believe in Satan, but i could be wrong. As far as Manson being "literally" associated with the devil; considering the lack of evidence for any devil or demons I find that statement erroneous, though I think I understand what you are getting at.

Many bands have songs about vampires (Xandria - Sisters of the Light and Vampire are two) No one has this big wow moment about them being literal vampire worshipers.

On 28/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

I've never really gone for conspiracy theories. At one stage as a Christian I did believe a secret Illuminati group was running the world (G W Bush jr, and Tony Blair were part of it).

Of course I believed the devil ran the worlds blah blah, and everyone was pawns of satan unless you are saved.

Regarding Satanists - from what little I know of them I don't think they literally believe in Satan, but i could be wrong. As far as Manson being "literally" associated with the devil; considering the lack of evidence for any devil or demons I find that statement erroneous, though I think I understand what you are getting at.

Many bands have songs about vampires (Xandria - Sisters of the Light and Vampire are two) No one has this big wow moment about them being literal vampire worshipers.

What I meant by manson is that it is painfully obvious he is a satanist. Hearing his music or seeing him do bizzare "occult" things doesn't bother me, same with when I see "satanic" symbolism in other metal bands I listen to. (Did I mention I love metal? :D) What freaks me out is when pop music like Katy Perry uses the eye or triangle.

I have been researching the history of Freemasonry and there is a suprising amount of things attributed to them that isn't true like the Taxil hoax. But whenever I see an eye, triangle or pentagram in a music video, tv program or game I start to panic.

Im not scared of there being a group of people ruling the world. Rich and powerful people do greedy shit all the time, what worries me is when I see any of this symbolism my mind goes theres a symbol, the illuminati is true, christianity is correct, your going to hell.

One of my clients today said something about the Chemtrails  in the sky....then quickly changed the subject. So I looked it up today because I wasn't aware of the conspiracy.

48 minutes ago, Callum said:

What I meant by manson is that it is painfully obvious he is a satanist. Hearing his music or seeing him do bizzare "occult" things doesn't bother me, same with when I see "satanic" symbolism in other metal bands I listen to. (Did I mention I love metal? :D) What freaks me out is when pop music like Katy Perry uses the eye or triangle.

I have been researching the history of Freemasonry and there is a suprising amount of things attributed to them that isn't true like the Taxil hoax. But whenever I see an eye, triangle or pentagram in a music video, tv program or game I start to panic.

Im not scared of there being a group of people ruling the world. Rich and powerful people do greedy shit all the time, what worries me is when I see any of this symbolism my mind goes theres a symbol, the illuminati is true, christianity is correct, your going to hell.

Try reading some Mark Twain, or Ernest Hemmingway or Carl Sandburg.  Try watching films such as Forbidden Plant, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World or Pollyanna.  Perhaps you could audit introductory college level classes in biological evolution, world history or art history.  I suspect doing these or similar things would improve your understanding and knowledge and would help you avoid the boogie man and related fears.

On 30/12/2017 at 2:52 AM, sdelsolray said:

Try reading some Mark Twain, or Ernest Hemmingway or Carl Sandburg.  Try watching films such as Forbidden Plant, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World or Pollyanna.  Perhaps you could audit introductory college level classes in biological evolution, world history or art history.  I suspect doing these or similar things would improve your understanding and knowledge and would help you avoid the boogie man and related fears.

I used to be big into history and studied the causes of the French revolution and the establishing of Israel. But reading about people like aleister crowley and albert pike scares the crap outta me.

On 30/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, midniterider said:

One of my clients today said something about the Chemtrails  in the sky....then quickly changed the subject. So I looked it up today because I wasn't aware of the conspiracy.

What do you think of chemtrails? I don't find it convincing but it's always nice to get other peoples opinions.

4 minutes ago, Callum said:

I used to be big into history and studied the causes of the French revolution and the establishing of Israel. But reading about people like aleister crowley and albert pike scares the crap outta me.

Then don't read about Crowley, Pike or other folks or subjects that scare you.  Is there anything that scares you about the authors, films or college courses I suggested?

58 minutes ago, Callum said:

What do you think of chemtrails? I don't find it convincing but it's always nice to get other peoples opinions.

I read a small article on snopes about chemtrails. It seems like there would be instigators and victims in the scenario. And I'm not sure how the instigators would not end up as victims of their own plot unless they wore a chemical suit all day long.

Seems like the wind might blow away those chemicals so dosing that was would be problematic. Seems like there would be other more effective ways to 'dose' America without their knowledge. Like in the water supply or in our food.

I doubt the chemtrails conspiracy is true. 

On 12/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, Callum said:

..............Back on to the Lil uzi vert topic I found out that he is a big fan of Marilyn Manson who is a satanist. He is literally associated with the devil and his stuff never bothers me which doesn't make any sense. One of the first things that comes in my head is he is doing this for shock value and to get people interested. (I guess its working lol) but then I see so many singers do it my brain refuses to think its a coincidence. Can anyone help me with this?

"........One of the first things that comes in my head is he is doing this for shock value and to get people interested. (I guess its working lol) but then I see so many singers do it my brain refuses to think its a coincidence. Can anyone help me with this?...............

It's not complicated. As you said, it is a way of getting attention for your music based upon shock value, no more than this. Many do it because it has shown to be a successful strategy. It would seem to have nothing to do with Conspiracy Theories.

Maybe conspiracy theories are not true and satan does not run the world, but for sure there is lots of brutal and unknown secrets that this world have...unrevealed mysteries.

For sure some people for ages meet with each other in small groups and do different weird forbidden things.

For me conspiracy theories were the fire that burned my curiosity towards Christianity and it become my obsession. It's hard to completely escape it...sadly.  :(

I love a good conspiracy theory.....but view them as fun, not fact. Personal favorite is the reptilian shape- shifters that are the true rulers of this planet. David Icke has some amazeballs conspiracy theories....but if conspiracies are upsetting instead of entertaining, then I suggest to stay away from his special kind of crazy. Although....MKUltra is a conspiracy based on facts, so there is hope that one day I will see a shape- shifter......the scifi nerd in me can only hope;)

5 hours ago, Lost said:

Maybe conspiracy theories are not true and satan does not run the world, but for sure there is lots of brutal and unknown secrets that this world have...unrevealed mysteries.

For sure some people for ages meet with each other in small groups and do different weird forbidden things.

For me conspiracy theories were the fire that burned my curiosity towards Christianity and it become my obsession. It's hard to completely escape it...sadly.  :(

I have no doubt that some people have done some pretty bad things.

What does your last line mean? I don't understand sorry.

57 minutes ago, Ann said:

I love a good conspiracy theory.....but view them as fun, not fact. Personal favorite is the reptilian shape- shifters that are the true rulers of this planet. David Icke has some amazeballs conspiracy theories....but if conspiracies are upsetting instead of entertaining, then I suggest to stay away from his special kind of crazy. Although....MKUltra is a conspiracy based on facts, so there is hope that one day I will see a shape- shifter......the scifi nerd in me can only hope;)

Before I converted to Christianity I had never heard of conspiracys before. I converted because of the illuminati conspiracy as mad as that sounds. I find the idea of shape shifting lizards ridiculous but talking about global conspiracys you got 1 camp claiming its aliens, another claiming its demonic aliens and satan, and one camp saying its just rich people being assholes. And each camp thinks the other is stupid :D. I also find David hard to read because a lot of what he says is nonsense so I tend to avoid him. I also avoid your stereostypical youtube channel talking about some black goo, or drawing a animal on google maps and claiming it is significant hard to watch. (Don't know if you have watched any of those vids)

6 minutes ago, Callum said:

I also avoid your stereostypical youtube channel talking about some black goo, or drawing a animal on google maps and claiming it is significant hard to watch.

Think I saw something a few years ago about black goo making some guy super smart? I honestly thought that one was a clever advert for an up coming super hero movie that never happened. Haven't seen the google maps animal drawings. For me, the conspiracies are mainly fun, but once in a while I'll see something that creeps me out a bit, like the pictures of that costume party the Rothschild's threw in 1972. Maybe really rich people just like to spend their money in weird and creepy ways. Or maybe something weird is going on....Tony Podesta's art collection is super creepy to me, but that does not prove anything nefarious is happening......Anyway, I take these kind of things with a huge grain of salt and is mainly just fun for me. Since there is no evidence that god, satan, aliens etc are real, I don't get too worked up about it and just enjoy the story lines.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

What does your last line mean? I don't understand sorry.

Hey Callum!

By saying,: "For me conspiracy theories were the fire that burned my curiosity towards Christianity and it become my obsession. It's hard to completely escape it...sadly."

Well, simply I can say that my obsession with Christianity started after reading some stuff on this site: 

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/.

There is lots of conspiracy theories.

I think that man, who created this site had to work a lot on it, it's filled with details.

22 hours ago, Ann said:

Think I saw something a few years ago about black goo making some guy super smart? I honestly thought that one was a clever advert for an up coming super hero movie that never happened. Haven't seen the google maps animal drawings. For me, the conspiracies are mainly fun, but once in a while I'll see something that creeps me out a bit, like the pictures of that costume party the Rothschild's threw in 1972. Maybe really rich people just like to spend their money in weird and creepy ways. Or maybe something weird is going on....Tony Podesta's art collection is super creepy to me, but that does not prove anything nefarious is happening......Anyway, I take these kind of things with a huge grain of salt and is mainly just fun for me. Since there is no evidence that god, satan, aliens etc are real, I don't get too worked up about it and just enjoy the story lines.

I don't know much about the black goo but I couldn't be bothered to sit through a 30min video to find out. I have seen people try to connect video games to black goo but it's pretty much bs. I checked that guys art collection and that is pretty weird. I don't think it's sinister just creepy. I also have read things that creeped me out because I can't explain them. Whether it's the architecture of the popes audience hall or hidden things in tv. I don't have an explanation for why which is really annoying.

21 hours ago, Lost said:

Hey Callum!

By saying,: "For me conspiracy theories were the fire that burned my curiosity towards Christianity and it become my obsession. It's hard to completely escape it...sadly."

Well, simply I can say that my obsession with Christianity started after reading some stuff on this site: 

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/.

There is lots of conspiracy theories.

I think that man, who created this site had to work a lot on it, it's filled with details.

I checked out that site (the design is just horrible) He seems like a bit of a nutjob with his posts about homosexuality and abortion being sins. I didn't spend that long on his site but I also imagine he think evolution is a lie.

I guess we both came to Christianity through conspiracys. Were you a fundamentalist believer as well?

• Super Moderator

Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on nutty conspiracy theories. A good portion of the population seems prone to wacko theories and paranoia about anything that doesn't support their world view. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, florduh said:

Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on nutty conspiracy theories. A good portion of the population seems prone to wacko theories and paranoia about anything that doesn't support their world view. 

Well thanks for peeing in the conspiracy pool! You no fun florduh;):P Using your logic and reason, what's the fun in that? I think you may be from Vulcan. Now that I'm thinking about it...you, CB, BAA are 3 members I can think of off hand that also use logic and reason....a lot. I'm seeing a pattern. Holy shit! Now I'm wondering just how many "Vulcans" are on exC? You 3 (or more???) must have an end game.....

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Well thanks for peeing in the conspiracy pool! You no fun florduh;):P Using your logic and reason, what's the fun in that? I think you may be from Vulcan. Now that I'm thinking about it...you, CB, BAA are 3 members I can think of off hand that also use logic and reason....a lot. I'm seeing a pattern. Holy shit! Now I'm wondering just how many "Vulcans" are on exC? You 3 (or more???) must have an end game.....

I like humans but they are so illogical. Fascinating.