Goodbye Jesus

Undetected

realityrunt

Let me ask the Christians here a question.

If your god gives you a spirit that lives in you, why is it undetected by science. We can see into the quantum world, but we've never seen the activity of this "holy spirit" existing in any world.

Why is this?

• Super Moderator

We're in the spirit world, asshole; they can't see us.

7 hours ago, realityrunt said:

If your god gives you a spirit that lives in you, why is it undetected by science. We can see into the quantum world, but we've never seen the activity of this "holy spirit" existing in any world.

Why is this?

Science has not erased disease off the face of the Earth. Why is this?

3 hours ago, midniterider said:

Science has not erased disease off the face of the Earth. Why is this?

Jesus Christ!

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, realityrunt said:

Why is this?

rr, what is the scientific definition of Spirit? 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, end3 said:

See, that's excellent M. 

Not really.  The main reason science hasn't eradicated most diseases is because there's no profit to be made once an illness has a cure.  It's rather simple; and far from excellent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Not really.  The main reason science hasn't eradicated most diseases is because there's no profit to be made once an illness has a cure.  It's rather simple; and far from excellent.

So science could eradicate all disease? Or just some diseases?

Science has detected all things detectable? Or just some things?

Why would science want to tell anyone that they discovered the holy spirit? Wouldn't that be like professional suicide for a scientist?

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, midniterider said:

So science could eradicate all disease? Or just some diseases?

Science has detected all things detectable? Or just some things?

Why would science want to tell anyone that they discovered the holy spirit? Wouldn't that be like professional suicide for a scientist?

The scientific answer is "we don't currently know".  Science is limited by many factors, including technology.  We built microscopes to be able to see at the cellular level, only to discover that cells are made up of even smaller things.  So we built microscopes to see at the molecular level; and found out molecules are made up of even smaller things.  Now we have microscopes that can see atoms; and suddenly there are electrons and shit.  Perhaps when we build microscopes that can see quarks, we will find that god is even smaller.

14 hours ago, end3 said:

rr, what is the scientific definition of Spirit? 

I am unaware of any scientific discipline which provides a definition of "spirit" in the context being used in this thread.  Theology provides a definition.

4 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

I am unaware of any scientific discipline which provides a definition of "spirit" in the context being used in this thread.  Theology provides a definition.

John 8:12

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”   

I think a few years ago, science claimed humans emit light in the visible spectrum?  Has been too long.                           

• Super Moderator
On 12/26/2017 at 4:42 PM, realityrunt said:

Why is this?

The spiritual realm is by definition outside the realm of the physical sciences. Physical reality is known by demonstrable fact, spiritual reality is known by perception and experience. You can't measure a volume of water with a yardstick.

24 minutes ago, end3 said:

John 8:12

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”   

I think a few years ago, science claimed humans emit light in the visible spectrum?  Has been too long.                           

Since all humans, as well as other organisms (e.g., dogs and cats) emit electromagnetic radiation in in visible light spectrum (although the amount emitted is about 1,000 times below the threshold of human vision capability), then all humans, including those that do not follow Jesus, have the "light of life".

Good job, End3.  Your attempt to tie that biblical passage to reality results in demonstrating the content of the passage is not correct.  Next time, try thinking it through first before you let your confirmation bias control you.

How about answering realityrunt's question?

14 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I think there is probably a lot of that going on. It seems a lot of it is just no motivation to dump the money into finding cures as opposed to intentionally keeping therapeutic lines of revenue running. It seems a lot of scientists around the globe would love to be working on cures for various illnesses, but just don't have the funding unless they work for big pharma. I have an acquaintance in Moscow who works as a research scientist for Amgen. They focus his work on development of therapy (drugs). In his case, for cholesterol reduction with an eye on profitability. Maybe if that weren't the goal, he'd be working on bigger picture cures instead of just treatment of symptoms. 

20 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Since all humans, as well as other organisms (e.g., dogs and cats) emit electromagnetic radiation in in visible light spectrum (although the amount emitted is about 1,000 times below the threshold of human vision capability), then all humans, including those that do not follow Jesus, have the "light of life".

Good job, End3.  Your attempt to tie that biblical passage to reality results in demonstrating the content of the passage is not correct.  Next time, try thinking it through first before you let your confirmation bias control you.

How about answering realityrunt's question?

Yeah, I'll try to refresh my memory regarding "extra" light of life.  Thx.