Goodbye Jesus

It Is Kind Of Flabergasting

mick

Oh, I know, all right.

Gawd's "love" being nothing more than a joke, when you read of all the tales of atrocities of the "Father".

Jesus' "free gift" being nothing more than an ultimatium - believe or BURN.

And on and on...

Yeah, I hear you - and the "good news" wasn't so good for the heathens who didn't want to bother with it, and ended up dead for Jesus™.

"Good" news my Polish ass :vent:

Considering that the babblical stories of the foul, the fludd, and hell show clearly that this "god", if it could exist, must be a supreme sadist, yes it's very understandable that "the good news is that it's not true" :fdevil:

That is really a trip. You know what I mean?

Yep - I know exactly what you mean. Even the problem it was supposed to solve (mankind's sin) isn't true! And it gets even heavier when you realize how this message has warped our society for hundreds of years.

Of course, the flip side is you don't have to spend the rest of your life worrying about hell, either! :phew:

Even as a young Christian, I was confused about why it was called "good news". I knew about the crucifixion and it supposedly being an atonement for sins but I was like, what's so good about it? You could end up in hell, anyway. Besides, I haven't done anything wrong so what does it have to do with me?

Yeah, I could never figure out what I could have done that was SO BAD that someone had to be tortured to death to make up for it.

There was nothing good about the "Good Knews" when you really think about it...Even when I accepted that it was true I was always afraid of doing something to goto hell.

I mean revelation says that only 144,000 male virgins are going to heaven...

So why even bother going to church if you aren't a virgin? you're screwed...

All of it just makes no sense to me anymore...Of course preachers will tell you that the bible has to be interpreted but there are a gazillion and one interpretations.

Yeah, I could never figure out what I could have done that was SO BAD that someone had to be tortured to death to make up for it.

And the fact that we celebrate the torcher is almost repulsive in hindsight. Heck, the movie made over 300 million dollars at the box office.

Of course I was still a Christian and thought it was fantastic...Even though the gore and blood was hard to take.

The message becomes GOOD NEWS only after they've convinced you that you will be tortured forever and ever because you were born a human being.

The message becomes GOOD NEWS only after they've convinced you that you will be tortured forever and ever because you were born a human being.

These days, I prefer to call it the GOOD NOOSE, myself.....

a more apt description, no?

I think that to a lot of fundies, the idea that us heathens are going to be tortured forever makes "the good news" even better news.

Couldn't resist this cue . . .

If Jesus had died back in the 1800's Christians would be wearing a noose around the neck instead of a crucifix. :grin: So wrong but so true.

On a more serious note, it is great news to be freed from religious servitude.

Couldn't resist this cue . . .

If Jesus had died back in the 1800's Christians would be wearing a noose around the neck instead of a crucifix. :grin: So wrong but so true.

On a more serious note, it is great news to be freed from religious servitude.

It's rather telling that Christianity is the only religion in the world who's symbol is an instrument of torture. :Hmm:

I've commented on a number of occasions that Christianity promotes human sacrifice. I can understand why people want to believe in Jesus as anyone who gives their life up to others is considered a hero. But Christians should atleast question why a god requires blood to satisfy his needs. Here's a good quote:

"Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?" - Ron Patterson

It's rather telling that Christianity is the only religion in the world who's symbol is an instrument of torture. :Hmm:

And not just torture, mind you, but blood and death, too!

Blood, pain, death - the real Holy Trinity of Xianity. They revel in these things almost as much as that other Trinity of theirs :loser: