Goodbye Jesus

The Truth About Life

Fweethawt

I do believe this is my first thread in this section. If y'all don't think it fits, let myself or another mod. know, and we'll move it.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I think that those who feel they should always be happy and content and not have to face death might benefit from the video.

I don't get it.  He sounds crazy.

16 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

I have a post in the Lion's Den which explains more, he's the new Herbert Spencer, Joseph Campbell etc. except more Christian and socially conservative.

I think you are giving him too much credit.  I've watched several of his videos on youtube just today.  The funnest one was when he dissected the story of Peter Pan as if it contains life lessons.  It's just a children's story.  He seems to preach a lot but offer no foundation for why his claims are justified.

Edit: Oh I get it.  You mean he is like them in popularity.  I'm reading your other thread now.

Well there are no transgendered characters in the Peter Pan book so . . . checkmate transgenders!

*(Peter Pan plays and films do not count because . . . reasons.)

I watch quite a bit of him and I love some of the things he has to say and I also disagree with some. But overall, I think he gives out some great strategies for life.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

One should always be careful with those who use the Bible, psychology and practical advice are great, but my concern is that this can be a similar replacement to Christianity that has similar pitfalls.  If one does that then they can enjoy the 90% of his content that is really actually quite interesting.  I say all this as someone who has seen most of the Bible series lectures and many more.

Very True TS. There is a lot of 'woo' out there with too many good teachers, unfortunately. And they are good teachers even if they still have some kind of 'woo' in their lives. Sometimes I even listen to the 'woo' for a while to see if it makes sense to me. There are a lot of good teachers out there who have a lot to offer in information and I personally am always careful. I listen to only the good stuff that I can practice in my own life.  With this guy, I haven't watched one of his lectures on the bible. Don't even want to hear it. So I tend to watch some of his strategies for dealing with fear, depression...etc...... and enjoy those.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:11 AM, Fweethawt said:

I do believe this is my first thread in this section. If y'all don't think it fits, let myself or another mod. know, and we'll move it.

Thoughts?

His voice reminds me of Glenn from Superstore.

What he has to say in this video is true, but also somewhat obvious.

1 hour ago, Margee said:

Very True TS. There is a lot of 'woo' out there with too many good teachers, unfortunately. And they are good teachers even if they still have some kind of 'woo' in their lives. Sometimes I even listen to the 'woo' for a while to see if it makes sense to me. There are a lot of good teachers out there who have a lot to offer in information and I personally am always careful. I listen to only the good stuff that I can practice in my own life.  With this guy, I haven't watched one of his lectures on the bible. Don't even want to hear it. So I tend to watch some of his strategies for dealing with fear, depression...etc...... and enjoy those.

For instance, this lecture (start at 50 minutes to the end for anyone interested) is one of the greatest lectures I have ever heard on the topic of depression, searching for happiness, responsibility, and relationships because I believe he is speaking some real truths here.

The whole lecture was awesome. He talks about introverted people and extroverted people at the beginning. So very interesting. He also talks about the differences between men and woman. All this information is so valuable (to me anyway). I wish I knew all of this when I was younger.