Goodbye Jesus

Feeling free

Deacon_Soze

Hey guy and gals,

wanted to say hello. Put quite the small story on testimonials but it has been weighing on me for a few years. Been watching this site as well for a few years reading and relating to many of you.

I feel there are honest Xians or the ones who join the large social churches to keep feeling good about themselves but live the Xian life. 

Breaking free was tough as a lot of family implications but so worth it. 

I find the socializing theraputic and ecouraging on this site. 30 some years of my life have been sheltered up in a cult it seems. 

Look forward to chatting with you all.

• Like 1

Fundamentalists believe the Bible is literally true & historically accurate. They believe that because they have never studied the origins & evolution of the Bible & The Christian Faith. 

Every secular school of religion, religious historian, & mainstream seminary know the Bible is literature. It is not a historical record of anything. The Bible is a collection of fictional stories aka theological myths, with fictional characters.

No one knows who wrote one single word of the Bible. There is no historical Jesus or Paul either for that matter. Jesus may be the most famous character in history,  but historians have never found even one person who ever spoke to Jesus, heard a word he supposedly said, or witnessed any of the supposed miracles he performed.  That is most likely because he's a fictional character in a fictional story.

If you are interested in real Bible history Dr. Bart Ehrman & Dr.Robert M Price are to excellent historians to read or watch their YouTube videos.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 9:42 PM, Geezer said:

Fundamentalists believe the Bible is literally true & historically accurate. They believe that because they have never studied the origins & evolution of the Bible & The Christian Faith. 

Every secular school of religion, religious historian, & mainstream seminary know the Bible is literature. It is not a historical record of anything. The Bible is a collection of fictional stories aka theological myths, with fictional characters.

No one knows who wrote one single word of the Bible. There is no historical Jesus or Paul either for that matter. Jesus may be the most famous character in history,  but historians have never found even one person who ever spoke to Jesus, heard a word he supposedly said, or witnessed any of the supposed miracles he performed.  That is most likely because he's a fictional character in a fictional story.

If you are interested in real Bible history Dr. Bart Ehrman & Dr.Robert M Price are to excellent historians to read or watch their YouTube videos.

In a rush I see now I inserted my little paragraph on how to start a debate on existence in the wrong part of my story. Will have to wait till the edit button comes to fix. 

I totally agree now. I was taught through locations, landmarks,texts and so on to prove this lie. 

I will just delete that part totally, people will think I'm coming on here with a split personality LOL

Hello Deacon,

I am glad you are here. It's funny, though, because I myself feel free, like a weight has been lifted, and yet I am still closeted from most of my family. My wife knows, my brother knows, some newer friends now...I am deathly afraid of telling my parents; I know it will send them into a tail spin of despair. So, yeah, one one hand I feel free, and on the other hand I feel caged more than ever. Anywho...I look forward to chatting with you as well.

• Like 2