Goodbye Jesus

Hello from an angry former missionary child

theseal

Hi all,

Saying hello and introducing myself.  I'm a 34 year old living in London.  My parents were missionaries (not to the UK but nearby) which is how I ended up on this side of the planet.  Originally from the States.  I deconverted around the age of 26 and I have a lot of bottled up anger about my past which is one of the reasons I've joined the site.  I think it will help to read other people's stories and experiences, and eventually maybe share some of mine.

I only recently moved to London, so if there are any related social groups or anyone wants to meet up for a chat - please let me know.  I could use some friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Welcome to Ex-C, @theseal.

Let's hear your deconversion story...

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

• Like 1

Hello! I'm also a missionary kid, but to a different country so I can't meet up with you. I feel you about the anger. I hope this site and us people here can help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!

Welcome, glad you found this site. :clap:

Welcome! I browsed this site for months before joining. It is packed with resources, and people who are empathetic because they too are on a journey that can often be a lonely, emotional road. This site is helping me learn to be at peace with being where I am on my deconversion journey.

May you find whatever you need most here!

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  Thanks so much for the warm welcome :) 

I'll share my deconversion story when I feel up to writing it all down.  This is such a great site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey welcome!!! Also a former MK. I'm stateside right now but lived in Western Europe for a good chunk of my childhood. Definitely understand the anger. I'm not on here a whole lot anymore but if you ever need to talk about things you're free to message me :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, theseal said:

Hi all,

Saying hello and introducing myself.  I'm a 34 year old living in London.  My parents were missionaries (not to the UK but nearby) which is how I ended up on this side of the planet.  Originally from the States.  I deconverted around the age of 26 and I have a lot of bottled up anger about my past which is one of the reasons I've joined the site.  I think it will help to read other people's stories and experiences, and eventually maybe share some of mine.

I only recently moved to London, so if there are any related social groups or anyone wants to meet up for a chat - please let me know.  I could use some friends.

We have a chat room -- see the pinned post in the ExChristian Life forum---and welcome!

• Thanks 1