Goodbye Jesus

Grace before meals

Mothernature

I'm getting tired of hearing grace at the table and I'm a bit bitter about it. I want to add "and thanks to me for making the dinner, for choosing healthy foods that will sustain you, for shopping for the food needed to make the dinner and for working to make money to pay for the food that you see before you!" One of these days it's going to come out.

And my MIL wanted to remind me to thank my husband for installing a new appliance. Maybe I should include that during grace. Thanks to God for getting our new machine to work! It would have been easier to have someone install it so I wouldn't have had to be the one to point out obvious mistakes which made him have to redo it and I wouldn't have had to bare the brunt of two fighting kids on my own again with no thanks what so ever. But for now I'm holding my tongue. I'll see how I feel tomorrow before responding to her. Sorry for the rant just feeling ticked off.

51 minutes ago, Mothernature said:

I'm getting tired of hearing grace at the table and I'm a bit bitter about it. I want to add "and thanks to me for making the dinner, for choosing healthy foods that will sustain you, for shopping for the food needed to make the dinner and for working to make money to pay for the food that you see before you!" One of these days it's going to come out.

And my MIL wanted to remind me to thank my husband for installing a new appliance. Maybe I should include that during grace. Thanks to God for getting our new machine to work! It would have been easier to have someone install it so I wouldn't have had to be the one to point out obvious mistakes which made him have to redo it and I wouldn't have had to bare the brunt of two fighting kids on my own again with no thanks what so ever. But for now I'm holding my tongue. I'll see how I feel tomorrow before responding to her. Sorry for the rant just feeling ticked off.

If you ever burn the roast, just smile and say "It's OK, for the Lord likes burnt offerings"

• Haha 2

Yup. Here's a classic one from the old movie Shenandoah: 

Charlie Anderson: Lord, we cleared this land. We plowed it, sowed it, and harvest it. We cook the harvest. It wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be eating it if we hadn't done it all ourselves. We worked dog-bone hard for every crumb and morsel, but we thank you Lord just the same for the food we're about to eat, amen.

Here's a clip of it:  

• Like 3

In my house we only put up with that crap when my parents visit.  I only ask my kids to be silent.  They don't have to close their eyes.

What we do instead of grace is after the meal we thank the person who prepared the meal and compliment the result.  I've noticed my elder child follows my example without even being asked.  

• Like 2

Lets say we lived in an alternate universe where the Christian god was real.  Do you really think he would fall for such BS?  Think about it?  How many people who say grace actually mean it?  Most just want to get it over with and get to their food.

• Like 1

Rub-a-dub dub.

Thanks for the grub.

Yay God!

• Haha 1

My wife and children are still christian, but I've started to get the kids to say "Praise mommy", because she's the one who works all day for us to buy food. At first it annoyed my wife a bit, but she soon got over it. I can't stand grace either. I had a christian recently say that it's funny how we "bless this food to our bodies" when we aren't even eating good food half the time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, theyownyou33 said:

My wife and children are still christian, but I've started to get the kids to say "Praise mommy", because she's the one who works all day for us to buy food. At first it annoyed my wife a bit, but she soon got over it. I can't stand grace either. I had a christian recently say that it's funny how we "bless this food to our bodies" when we aren't even eating good food half the time.

You can always adjust the prayer as needed -- "Oh Lord, we know that this food is juss extra special yummy! Please keep it from giving us diabetes / heart disease / [insert disease here]. Thanks very much!"

• Super Moderator

I wonder if any surveys have been done on victims of food poisoning.   :P