Goodbye Jesus

God's Free Pass

RachelSkates

WHy do Christians hate tyrants and say they are monsters but give God a free pass? Does it not bother them that he will take joy in the suffering of human beings?

Revelation says he will actually like it. If I said to an Xer----Hey, there is a ruler who looks the other way if his people are starving, wants them to bow down, wants total obedience, and in the end, he is going to murder millions and watch it (like Hitler watched videos), and like it !  They would say "WHO IS THAT POS?!!! Let's go blow him up now!!!!" And you say "God" and they be all like, "WHAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!"

Oh, HIS WAYS are higher than ours.....HIS justice is not like ours.

Well, why did he tell us not to kill when he's gonna get off on it??????????????????????????

A pscyhiatrist analyzing God would scary, just scary. 

So, to me, I have to think the crazy ones are Xers who are also blasphemers of any God there may really be. 

• Like 1

This all is partly to blame for my deconversion.  If God can't follow his own commandments, why should I?  I dropped the argument that God's ways are better than ours, as all parties involved knew Good and Evil from the Tree of Knowledge.  Everyone knows what's moral and what's not, and if Thou Shall Not Murder, then God should keep his firestorms and diseases to Himself and play nice.

I brought this up to a Christian I know, and she simply stated that God created it all, so it's within His right to destroy it.  I was pretty much gobsmacked and never brought it up again.  I guess there's a certain amount of callousness that's involved with Christianity that I couldn't follow along with.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, 1989 said:

I brought this up to a Christian I know, and she simply stated that God created it all, so it's within His right to destroy it.  

Had a similar conversation with a Christian today, only the argument was that because god created everything then he gets to decide what things are against his rules, and what the punishment should be. Thus, it is perfectly fair that telling a lie--even a white lie, such as "You look good in that dress"--should result in eternal torture. 

Eh, if there was an omnipotent god then it would be pointless to argue whether what it does is fair or unfair, I'll grant them that. No one would be able to stop such a being, so it would be like arguing that it's "not fair" that the volcano went off when it did. But if I could create tiny little beings over whom I held complete dominion, then I know I could come up with a better justice system.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2018 at 9:46 AM, RachelSkates said:

WHy do Christians hate tyrants and say they are monsters but give God a free pass? Does it not bother them that he will take joy in the suffering of human beings?

Revelation says he will actually like it. If I said to an Xer----Hey, there is a ruler who looks the other way if his people are starving, wants them to bow down, wants total obedience, and in the end, he is going to murder millions and watch it (like Hitler watched videos), and like it !  They would say "WHO IS THAT POS?!!! Let's go blow him up now!!!!" And you say "God" and they be all like, "WHAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!"

Oh, HIS WAYS are higher than ours.....HIS justice is not like ours.

Well, why did he tell us not to kill when he's gonna get off on it??????????????????????????

Because he's God.

1 hour ago, Hedge_Rat said:

Had a similar conversation with a Christian today, only the argument was that because god created everything then he gets to decide what things are against his rules, and what the punishment should be. Thus, it is perfectly fair that telling a lie--even a white lie, such as "You look good in that dress"--should result in eternal torture. 

Eh, if there was an omnipotent god then it would be pointless to argue whether what it does is fair or unfair, I'll grant them that. No one would be able to stop such a being, so it would be like arguing that it's "not fair" that the volcano went off when it did. But if I could create tiny little beings over whom I held complete dominion, then I know I could come up with a better justice system.

My experience as a Christian went with the answer "If God made us then God has the right to do whatever he wants with us".  I worry that this attitude contributes to Christians abusing their children.  I don't mean run of the mill, typical child abuse.  I'm talking about the kind that makes the news because when it is discovered "the parents kept their kids in cages" kind of abuse.  Whenever you see one of those kind of crazy couples they typically are devout Christians and have strict literal interpretation of the Bible.  

• Like 2

Because xians hate humans and being human just like their god does.

They give animals a pass because they're animals.  Same for viruses and everything else that acts "evil" or in some malevolent fashion.  Those things just "don't know better."

Humans, on the other hand, are supposed to know better.  A lot better.  So much so that they can attain a "perfect" level of behavior (what ever that actually means) if they weren't otherwise inclined or "influenced" (by supernatural evil beings).  Of course, to some sort of supernaturally perfect being odds are we'd probably appear to be more like animals or a virus which means our current behavior is just fine, normal in fact, but that never crosses their minds.  They're the dog that will become human some day and hate all the other dogs for being the same as themselves: drooling, butt-sniffing idiots that live to serve their masters.  Nothing against dogs but just imagine if they could be self-aware enough to self-hate themselves in this way.  They'd be terribly to be around.  Well, we are and religions like xianity really play up these things.

mwc