Goodbye Jesus

Annoyed by Christians

Nani

This is just a random rant about how Christians have been annoying me recently. It’s not always in an extremely bad way but sometimes I get annoyed with their excuses. I gathered courage to ask my mom about verses about slavery in the Bible and why God allowed it. She said we have a sinful nature and free will but slavery is a sin. I asked her how can it be a sin when God gave people permission to do it and even gave rules on it. I know it was upsetting to her since our ancestors went through slavery here in America. My older brother walked in and I asked him about the topic and his opinion. He just stated that he never thought God had a problem with slavery. I could see the look in my moms eyes and I dropped the topic. I know her faith is one thing that has gotten her through a lot but I just cannot take it anymore personally. I came back to her later and asked her more questions like why Jesus had two genealogies and they were both completely different. She didn’t know. I asked her about why the Bible states one thing such as Saul killed himself then in another verse it said he was killed by an amalekite. I continued with multiple questions and finally she said I either believe or I don’t. I just walked out. I couldn’t say that I disbelieve. Then there was an old friend I argued with. I asked her why God made evil and she said he didn’t. I pointed her to Isaiah 45:7 and she said I was being blasphemous and trying to call God evil. “How can something that creates goodness create evil. I think you’re trying to call the lord evil!” Blah blah. Someone else then asked her why God doesn’t help children who are being molested even when they call out. She said that she had no proof that people called out to God and he didn’t help them. The guy stated that he was molested by a female cousin and he called out. All she kept saying is that she had no proof. We both got annoyed by her. Proof?! What do you want? A video of the night it happened? I’m glad I don’t deal with those kind. As for my mother, I’m just hoping I can tell her how I truly feel one day. I know she wouldn’t put me out but I love her so much and I don’t want to hurt her. 

• Like 3

Believers are going to believe even if their belief or beloved bible does not agree with reality.

• Like 1

Hey Nani,

I get annoyed too.

Annoyed at the ridiculous responses to questions and at the vicious anger some xtians express when they cannot answer a question or feel I am attracting "evil spirits" with my questions.

I also get annoyed at the self-righteousness. 

Right now the lovely young lady, to whom I am related by marriage, is in the kitchen preparing lunch and humming her jesus-freak songs. That bugs me because it's a reminder that she feels superior to all due to her unabashed fundyness. It also bugs me because she feels that if she hums loud enough and often enough that those around her will "get god and jesus".

My long-term plan is to go to a happy place when I hear the humming or the inevitable ("I am so blessed because god/jesus found me a parking place near the entrance to COSTCO!!"). Hopefully, after time, I will no longer feel the annoyance. The only person we can change is us, right?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MOHO said:

Hey Nani,

I get annoyed too.

Annoyed at the ridiculous responses to questions and at the vicious anger some xtians express when they cannot answer a question or feel I am attracting "evil spirits" with my questions.

Right now the lovely young lady, to whom I am related by marriage, is in the kitchen preparing lunch and humming her jesus-freak songs. That bugs me because it's a reminder that she feels superior to all due to her unabashed fundyness. It also bugs me because she feels that if she hums loud enough and often enough that those around her will "get god and jesus".

My long-term plan is to go to a happy place when I hear the humming or the inevitable ("I am so blessed because god/jesus found me a parking place near the entrance to COSTCO!!"). Hopefully, after time, I will no longer feel the annoyance. The only person we can change is us, right?

Slip on the earbuds, sir. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burnedout said:

Nani,

If you want to be annoying to Christians, ask them why God would enjoy doing what was spoken of in Psalms 137:9.  

“Out of context” is all they’ll say then accuse me of being a demon. 

• Super Moderator

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." - Mark Twain

“But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we just make God madder and madder.” - Homer Simpson

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nani said:

They were taught to say these things.  It is highly likely they do not think for themselves, at least when it comes to their religion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nani said:

Learn some latin and speak it in a guttural way.

Or, "Bullshit in context or bullshit out of context is still bullshit" :)

On 3/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, MOHO said:

Hey Nani,

I get annoyed too.

MOHO, they are masters of the art of passive aggressiveness.  

Grrrrrrrr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1