Goodbye Jesus

Christian's you're free to object

quinntar

Recently I've discovered that the reason Christian's are immature, emotionally undeveloped and morally bankrupt is that the God whom they depend on for character adjustment is simply not there. They hold on to a facade, thinking that by it it will change their behavior. But because this God is not there they remain stagnant and unimproved. 

They spend (Waste) their time dependant on a illusion, hoping that this illusion will change them, but how can they change if there is nothing actually there to change them. All they can do is change themselves in some way then attribute the success of each personal breakthrough to an illusion.

Now over to my Christian contenders.

• Like 2

(Not Christian, so I will follow this to lurn on replies :P)

On 4/7/2018 at 5:55 AM, theanticrash said:

Recently I've discovered that the reason Christian's are immature, emotionally undeveloped and morally bankrupt is that the God whom they depend on for character adjustment is simply not there. They hold on to a facade, thinking that by it it will change their behavior. But because this God is not there they remain stagnant and unimproved. 

They spend (Waste) their time dependant on a illusion, hoping that this illusion will change them, but how can they change if there is nothing actually there to change them. All they can do is change themselves in some way then attribute the success of each personal breakthrough to an illusion.

Now over to my Christian contenders.

Well, if particular Christians act like this, change could still occur in their lives, it's just that they attribute the source of the change to their imaginary deity instead of themselves.  Change only occurs if the person initiates and follows through with the change themselves.  The fact that they misattribute the source of the change is a correct observation.  There are often (usually?) prior external influences that help or convince a person to change.  Whether that influence is imaginary or reality-based doesn't seem to be an important distinction.

• Like 1

What I've noticed is that there have been, in my experience, two kinds of men in churches:

1 - the masculine, adjusted men who talk about their masculinity as though it's something they struggle with, or who are marginalized and ignored

and

2 - the emasculated, soft type, who usually dress like overgrown grade-schoolers that have mommy's help.

The second type are far more common in suburban evangelical congregations, and they are constantly looking to their invisible daddy and imaginary buddy Jesus to "change" them or "grow" them.

Lacking any real emotional or psychological progress, however, they revert to choosing sides on issues and becoming stridently assertive about them until another book, video or sermon convinces them otherwise. Most of the time, they just ignore reality in favor of whatever thumb-sucking worldview helps them with their guilt.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, L.B. said:

What I've noticed is that there have been, in my experience, two kinds of men in churches:

1 - the masculine, adjusted men who talk about their masculinity as though it's something they struggle with, or who are marginalized and ignored

and

2 - the emasculated, soft type, who usually dress like overgrown grade-schoolers that have mommy's help.

The second type are far more common in suburban evangelical congregations, and they are constantly looking to their invisible daddy and imaginary buddy Jesus to "change" them or "grow" them.

Lacking any real emotional or psychological progress, however, they revert to choosing sides on issues and becoming stridently assertive about them until another book, video or sermon convinces them otherwise. Most of the time, they just ignore reality in favor of whatever thumb-sucking worldview helps them with their guilt.

It doesn't help that while at Church we sing songs about how much we love a man.  . . . and how his love fills us.  Then the preacher starts lecturing us about how much we should love that man.

• Like 1

Christians are morally bankrupt? 

I thought they just played by the same rules as everyone else, but pretended to live biblically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, midniterider said:

Christians are morally bankrupt? 

I thought they just played by the same rules as everyone else, but pretended to live biblically.

I believe that's why the Old Testament God is back. I mean that God is fair and just supposedly. I mean I just think about the idiots running around saying "Only God can judge me" as they behave so disrespectfully to others. Sometimes, I just want to say "Yeah, sure, but I bet He's a lot more judgmental than you think" 

I think of the old sayings "keep your face like that long enough and it might stick" or "don't judge a book by its cover" which one was taught in schools and one was taught in church to me, and I believe the former goes hand in hand with the Old Testament, but that God used to put that thought in Christians' heads, because at one time, Christianity did work. Everyone over the age of 25 knows it's true if they ever went to church prior to the recession. 

9 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I believe that's why the Old Testament God is back. I mean that God is fair and just supposedly. I mean I just think about the idiots running around saying "Only God can judge me" as they behave so disrespectfully to others. Sometimes, I just want to say "Yeah, sure, but I bet He's a lot more judgmental than you think" 

I think of the old sayings "keep your face like that long enough and it might stick" or "don't judge a book by its cover" which one was taught in schools and one was taught in church to me, and I believe the former goes hand in hand with the Old Testament, but that God used to put that thought in Christians' heads, because at one time, Christianity did work. Everyone over the age of 25 knows it's true if they ever went to church prior to the recession. 

The Old Testament God is back? Is he doing some Old Testament stuff again?

Well, I'm over 25...and havent been to church since the 90s. When you say Christianity worked, what do you mean?

I mean God used to literally forgive everyone’s sins and guide them rightly lol.

I’m saying that I think something happened that He decided enough blessing only, and our whole society is probably getting smited I guess.

I mean if Jesus is really coming from the skies, I wanna be like I tried for you homie, but I think God blocked me.

9 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I mean God used to literally forgive everyone’s sins and guide them rightly lol.

I’m saying that I think something happened that He decided enough blessing only, and our whole society is probably getting smited I guess.

I mean if Jesus is really coming from the skies, I wanna be like I tried for you homie, but I think God blocked me.

So he cancelled his new covenant then? Well, if God created me then why's he pissed? It aint my fault I'm like this. It's his. :) Create a human being with certain proclivities and then condemn them for it. That's absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

So the purpose to our lives here on earth is to be saved & forgiven of our sins, we are created (Born) for that specific reason. That's no reason to exist, that's lower than a reason.

• Like 1