Goodbye Jesus

A War On Christians?

Guest Pagan Chris

Guest Pagan Chris

First we all heard the relentlessness of the "War on Christmas" that liberals were supposedly waging. Now the fundies are saying that there is a "War on Christians", which there will be a conference about in D.C. shortly. You can read about it here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=49044

All I can say is are they f'ing for real? A war on Christians? Every where I turn in this country now it seems like everything is about Christians. These so-called "mega churches" are popping up all over the place and attendence is exploding, the majority of the federal government are fundy nut jobs, Separation of Church and State is eroding before our eyes, should I go on? With all this how can they say there is a war against them?

What a bunch of f'ing cry babies.

If they are going to cry that there is a war on Christians, then I am going to cry that there is a war on Athiests and start a movement for that.

:Wendywhatever:

It is truly weird. There's 70% professing Christians in this country, and even the President admits being one.

I think the reason is that we humans always need an enemy to fight against, and if we don't have one then we invent one. We need a cause to gather and rally up our emotions.

Imagine if the whole country, or even if the whole world were Christians, then there would be fights and mongering inside Christianity, because one group doesn't believe *exactly* like the other. "Oh, Jesus did have green flip-flops on Sundays, the Holy Sprocket told me so!", "No, you're wrong Jezombi Crispus wore blue swim trunks when it was full moon, and he likes sushi!" and so on. And then they would gather to discuss how to fight against the other group.

The same would happen to Islam if it would take over the world. And even more, Islam would most likely eradicate itself by its strong coherence to its Sharia laws. A species can't survive when you suppress and kill of one of the genders. Eventually there would be only one gender (male) and no female and then no offspring, and the next would be death to humanity as a specie. Natural selection in effect...

I haven't been to worldnut in a long time... I hit it quite some time ago to catch Pat Robertson's article about how western europe would have been better off under hitler (not making that up, wish I was) when I came across "Student Sues after Bible Study Banned!!!"

Turns out some nice kiddies had been forbade to have their nice orderly little worship service during recess & the mean old principal forbade them to bring bibles to school anymore.

...they never mentioned the followup story (odd how they never do that, huh?). The part left out about how it was actually the kid's parents who asked the principal permission to let thier kids have a bible study at recess & the principal didn't think it would be a good idea. ...or the part about the parents telling the kids to do it anyway ...or the part about how the kids lied to thier parents about the principal because they didn't want to do bible study at recess.

Worlnetdaily is such a joke, it's a wonder anyone even reads the thing; but then you know how christians love to trade persecution stories... poor minority christians!

I think the principal should have answered this way instead on the question:

"Sure, go ahead and have the bible and prayer groups on recess, and I finally tell the Satanists they can start doing animals sacrifice and invoking spirits on recess too, because they've been asking for years now."

I wonder what reaction that would have rendered?

Part of me wants to say, "I'll show you a war..." The majority of myself, at reading this notes something. That I am just plain better than that, and better than them. There. I said it. We don't have to resort to this sort of whining or anything so distasteful.

OK ... this is getting RIDICULOUS :Hmm: :angry:

These people need to get a grip. Their actions are ensuring a real "war on Christians". They control every branch of our federal government - including their recent conquest of the supreme court. They control most of the state governments ... and they think there is a "war on Christians". AARRRRGGGG !!!!!

My take on it all? This is a preview for the next election season. When you have no real issues to stand on create one. The far right has done a fabulous job of playing divide and conquer, using religion. Why would they not continue into the next election cycle? :vent:

The more prevelant the [imaginary] persecution, the bigger their ego becomes. They're probably due for a refill, right?

People need something to live and fight for, for the most part. Especially religious zealots; Xianity is driven by this attitude of "us-vs-the-world" and that everything is set up against them. That's how Xians manufacture a false sense of urgency and desparation to "save the world for Jesus™" and also where they get their position that everyone wants to "persecute" them.

Any and all opposition is met with this thought. It's deeply ingrained in the fearful Xian's mind. Even my ex, who was a good little Xian zombie, was like that - any time we had a disagreement over something specifically Xian, she would accuse me of "persecuting" her - just for having a different opinion! That's how deeply it runs, and when I was a serious Xian I too bought into the persecution and vicitimization mentality.

Funny thing is, while most other religions just want to live and let live, it's cults like Xianity that want to reshape the world in their own image, and whilst they declare war on anything non-xian, they scream "persecution!" all the way when no one wants to give in :Wendywhatever:

Oh please! I wish we could send any Christian who wines about persecution to Afganistan. They'll learn real quick how good they have it over here after having to run for their lives because some Mullah issues a fatwa on their head.

If they are going to cry that there is a war on Christians, then I am going to cry that there is a war on Athiests and start a movement for that.

The fundie fuckfaces will find "evidence for the war on christians" as soon as anyone dares to disagree with them in any way. They need a "them" to go to war against to define themselves. It's a pretty natural consequence of the "us vs them" doctrine.

I predict that, if they have their way, this idiocy will never end. First it will be homosexuals et al. Then, say, colored people (as the fundies "know from scripture" that they were cursed by gawd with dark skin and are thus Untermenschen). After that, you name it, atheists, agnostics, liberals, et cetera, ad nauseam. And when they are all dead (or worse) and gone, it will be the "heretics" within their own cults.

Fundie cults can't function without a "them" to point at and hurl shit at. Without a common enemy to unite them, the fundies will start looking at and thinking about each other. Reminds me of the "Exquisitor" in one of Terry Pratchett's wonderful discworld novels, who not even the most feared inquisitors dare to ask "whatcha thinking about", for fear that the answer might be "you.".

Imagine if the whole country, or even if the whole world were Christians, then there would be fights and mongering inside Christianity, because one group doesn't believe *exactly* like the other. "Oh, Jesus did have green flip-flops on Sundays, the Holy Sprocket told me so!", "No, you're wrong Jezombi Crispus wore blue swim trunks when it was full moon, and he likes sushi!" and so on. And then they would gather to discuss how to fight against the other group.

Exactly.

I wonder what reaction that would have rendered?

Don't shock them with them ebil satanists immediately - once you do, you can't get much more shocking. Start with one of those cliche "skyclad" neo-witch rituals (gasp! nudity! what horror!) or with some of my mead-pumping hammer-wielding barbarian friends. :fdevil:

When they then complain how horrible that is, then it's time to hit them with the satanists! :pureevil:

Funny thing is, while most other religions just want to live and let live, it's cults like Xianity that want to reshape the world in their own image, and whilst they declare war on anything non-xian, they scream "persecution!" all the way when no one wants to give in :Wendywhatever:

You know, if your own doctrine is as shitty as that of the jebus or mohamed cults, then any disagreement really is a serious threat, for what shall you say to defend yourself against it? :lmao:

Oh please! I wish we could send any Christian who wines about persecution to Afganistan. They'll learn real quick how good they have it over here after having to run for their lives because some Mullah issues a fatwa on their head.

(((((nirrti)))))

So true sister... so fucking true!

WhirledNut Daily is the fundie equivalent of the Weekly Whirled News. Both are tabloid crap.

Sounds like the convention mentioned in the article will be full of the whiniest of fundiegelical whiners: DeLay, Schlafly, Brownback... vocal, paranoid nutjobs that don't have anything better to do with their time than whine about the fact that the world isn't the way they want it to be - and about how hard people resist their feeble attempts to shape it as they see fit.

I really hope that this kind of whinyassed posturing is only happening because said whiners are in fact a dying breed.

Perhaps this is just the long, drawn-out death rattle of a desperate cult on its way to oblivion... cross your fingers.

I don't want to say too much.......I don't want to appear too 'bitter'...Btw...that was a sarcastic gibe

fookin Hell! Cheeky Sods!!

- don't ya love the way the po' twittle xians retaliate.....not to mention how they perceive 'war'!

It's part of the religion's psychology to instill in its members a sense of oppression and besiegement. In this manner, its adherents find some means of psychological self definition (as the "victim", as the eponymous "martyr") and are also able to instil in lives they consider otherwise worthless a sense "meaning", i.e., that of a constant battle against Evil and Oppressive Secularism. Neurotic really doesn't begin to describe it.

It looks like Tom Delay has jumped into the fray. According to the Houston Chronicle, Delay spoke at a conference on the "War on Christianity." Here's a choice quote...

The Sugar Land Republican said some commentators — the "chattering classes" — will argue that there is no war on Christianity in this country.

...and another....

DeLay said, "we have been chosen to live as Christians at a time when our culture is being poisoned. ... God made us specifically for it. ... Jesus Christ himself made us just so that we could live in this nation at this time."

Yeah, right

----proud member of the "chattering classes."

What a moron. Good example of the high horse Xianity encourages its adherents to get up on. :loser:

This must have something to do with the upcoming elections... they are so scared their god power is going to go away in the senate and house! NOOOO! I think they should pray about it, a lot. That way their god can help them out!

*I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN*

:lol:

You know, I butted into a debate on a christian forum once. It was about how Brokeback Mountain was attacking Christianity. And I said this:

"Yeah, it's gay propaganda. Just like Passion of the Christ was Christian propaganda. We all know that making a movie about a particular subject is just an attempt to make other people believe in that lifestyle. Just the other night I was watching the Discovery Channel and decided to convert to Grizzli-ism. The whole fur and berries and raw salmon thing... that is totally calling to the bear-shaped hole in my heart."

And then I laughed at my own glorious wit and hit "post."

No one responded. Losers.

You know, I butted into a debate on a christian forum once. It was about how Brokeback Mountain was attacking Christianity. And I said this:

"Yeah, it's gay propaganda. Just like Passion of the Christ was Christian propaganda. We all know that making a movie about a particular subject is just an attempt to make other people believe in that lifestyle. Just the other night I was watching the Discovery Channel and decided to convert to Grizzli-ism. The whole fur and berries and raw salmon thing... that is totally calling to the bear-shaped hole in my heart."

And then I laughed at my own glorious wit and hit "post."

No one responded. Losers.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice! I love that! A perfect parody of what Xians drone on endlessly about in regards to their films and such.

All I can say is are they f'ing for real? A war on Christians? Every where I turn in this country now it seems like everything is about Christians. These so-called "mega churches" are popping up all over the place and attendence is exploding, the majority of the federal government are fundy nut jobs, Separation of Church and State is eroding before our eyes, should I go on? With all this how can they say there is a war against them?

I firmly believe, or should I say know, that xtians aren't completely happy unless they're being persecuted.

It gives them a chance to portray themselves as the "sufferers for the name of christ" crap and whore around for pity.

The biggest difference I see with xtian persecution and other persecutions is that when compared, xtians have always been getting into other people's faces, making their own trouble.

xtians, the group that stomps all over the rights of others and when someone tries to put a stop to it they cry persecution.

I've been saying it forever now... if they think they're persecuted, let's show them persecution. If they think we're fighting them, let's fight them. This whole thing makes me a little paranoid to be honest. What do you do when you want to revoke the rights of a group? You convince the majority of your nation that they are under attack by this group. Convince them that this group is the cause of all of their problems.

I've been saying it forever now... if they think they're persecuted, let's show them persecution. If they think we're fighting them, let's fight them. This whole thing makes me a little paranoid to be honest. What do you do when you want to revoke the rights of a group? You convince the majority of your nation that they are under attack by this group. Convince them that this group is the cause of all of their problems.

Unfortunately I think that's the reaction some of them want. Because if they start to get real persecution, then it fulfills their claims. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Guest thebiblesquitesilly

http://www.fuckchristmas.org/

Check that out, fucking hilarious, sure am glad i don't live in the states. Here in england you occasionaly get someone (normally my mother) who has a sign in thier window saying "put the christ back in christmas" they even know everything about christmas originates from paganism, yet my mum tried to stop me having a wooden statue thingy in my room because she claimed it was a witchdoctor, it was actually a shaman but still how can she justify having a christmas tree and easter eggs for that matter when they are pagan but take away a wooden figurine from the house because it was a shaman(or witchdoctor, according to her). And when i became a christian and visited home to "announce the good news" she said that maybe i could understand why she did such things all the time, but all i saw (although i didn't say) was hypocrisy.

If they are gonna whinge maybe we should give them something to whinge about, be clever though, start a massive campaign, "STOP THE HATE CRIME ON PAGANS, BRING PAGANISM BACK INTO CHRISTIANITY" see what they have to say to that.

I stopped watching Good Morning America because of all the Christian stories they put in the program. Good Morning America portrays Christianity like it's the only religion in America. It's not as bad as the 700 club, but it's a fucking national network show.

Actually, much of the media portrays Christianity like it's the only religion in America that counts. I would imagine that the media, being rating whores, wants to get the majority of the audience, but it's far from being objective the majority of the time.

Taph

I hate that, too. It's symptomatic of a culture that has been thoroughly saturated in 2000 years of Xianity, the religion which oppresses and eliminates all others. Most people are vaguely aware of other religions, but still, the default spirituality in the West is Xianity. It's understandable why people feel like this, but it's still beyond frustrating - and especially since the moment you tell someone that you're not Xian they automatically assume you're either an Atheist or a idol-worshipping Satanist, the only other (ir)religious paths in the Xian worldview :vent::vent::vent:

The Xian persecution complex is, I think, one of the more annoying things about bonehead Xians.

I mean I think of some of the various shit-and-run fundiegelicals that come through here, preaching fire and brimstone at us, throwing down a bunch of arrogant, condescending, unoriginal, judgmental crap... and then quoting the verses about how they're earning brownie points for being persecuted in Jeebus'™ name when they start getting shit back.

It just boggles my mind sometimes how unaware - willfully, perhaps? - these jokers are that the reason they get shit from us has nothing at all to do with Jeebus, and everything to do with the fact that they come in here and act like a total fucking jerk.

Funny how that works...