Goodbye Jesus

The Most Interesting Reason For Deconversion

benjaburns

Found this on http://queenofthecute.livejournal.com/

"For over a month in sixth grade, my best friend and I convinced ourselves that we were actually mermaids and had telepathic abilities. It was, without a doubt, the best game of “let’s pretend” I’ve ever experienced. =) Following this, however, I became more skeptical of what I allowed myself to believe. It started the process that would eventually lead to letting go of my religious beliefs and admitting that I was an atheist. After all, if I could believe that I should have been born with fins, what else would I swallow?"

That is, without a doubt, the coolest reason for deconversion I've ever heard. :HaHa: What's the coolest or most interesting reason you guys've ever heard of? Was anybody here's reason unique like this?

Found this on http://queenofthecute.livejournal.com/

"For over a month in sixth grade, my best friend and I convinced ourselves that we were actually mermaids and had telepathic abilities. It was, without a doubt, the best game of “let’s pretend” I’ve ever experienced. =) Following this, however, I became more skeptical of what I allowed myself to believe. It started the process that would eventually lead to letting go of my religious beliefs and admitting that I was an atheist. After all, if I could believe that I should have been born with fins, what else would I swallow?"

That is, without a doubt, the coolest reason for deconversion I've ever heard. :HaHa: What's the coolest or most interesting reason you guys've ever heard of? Was anybody here's reason unique like this?

That's like Lost in Space where they escape the gravitational pull of the Sun by going right through it. Seems counterintuitive, but hey, whatever works.

If only that worked for everyone. People would deconvert as soon as they realized Santa Claus wasn't real.