Goodbye Jesus

My God is a BIG God

quinntar

Have you ever had a Christian say to you how big their God is? Their God is always bigger than the thing in question, it's fucking annoying. But what do they mean by big? If their God is unmeasurable in size (The beginning & end) Then that's bigger than bigness itself. 

They say

"My God is bigger than you!"

It's like saying

"My daddy's bigger than you, and he'll kick your arse"

Basically it's invoking an imagery tough guy to wail on the little guy.

12 hours ago, theanticrash said:

Have you ever had a Christian say to you how big their God is? Their God is always bigger than the thing in question, it's fucking annoying. But what do they mean by big? If their God is unmeasurable in size (The beginning & end) Then that's bigger than bigness itself. 

They say

It's like saying

Yes, basically. 

One key to really understanding the psychology of most christians is analyzing it down to the human ego. Everything about christianity is an appeal to the ego. Right back to the oldest writings and followers. It ego strokes the minds of adherents by suggesting they are the best, the only truth, subject to having their ego consciousness live forever beyond death (and that ties in to the odd belief in bodily resurrection), destined for great rewards like literal jewels in crowns in heaven, and you can throw the idea of having the biggest, baddest god in line with the rest of it. This holds pretty true right down to helping others, witnessing, and when broken down is really nothing more than ego stroking yourself about how good and right you are. And how everyone is in need of your special insight. Notice the egoic reactions to people declining to believe them, or outright opposing them. Then it's threats, smears, libel, straw men and assorted negative reactions. The whole religion, in comparison to something like Buddhism, is shallow minded egoism gone wild. And slapped with the stamp of peaceful religion. 

One of the glaring problems with the god who is bigger than big, is that they claim that god is omnipresent, and eternal. The logical conclusion is that present everywhere means present in everything, and is everything, basically. God would have to be existence itself, to be present everywhere. Because the only thing present everywhere, is existence itself. But they don't really believe that, they are generally too small minded to follow their own claims to the logical and ultimate conclusion. Because if god really is omnipresent, then god is present in everyone and everything all the time. Present in all the light, present in all the darkness. In the east they come to these conclusions, but in the west they fall short of this depth of thought. So christianity is a low level type of theistic belief system, self contradicting, ego centric to the core, and that domino effects out to most of it's adherent's individual thought processes. It makes for an army of egoic christian soliders. 

If god was what they claim, bigger than big, omnipresent, then god is already present in everyone and everything. There's no one to preach to, aside from god preaching to himself. No one to save, unless god has some pressing issue to save god, from god. No one to condemn, unless god has some pressing need to condemn god. And no one to look down on or perceive as "small," again, unless god is perceives himself as "small." There would be no reason to be christian over being anything else. The whole thing dissolves into evident nonsense when taken to the logical conclusion of it's own claims.....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Yes, basically. 

One key to really understanding the psychology of most christians is analyzing it down to the human ego. Everything about christianity is an appeal to the ego. Right back to the oldest writings and followers. It ego strokes the minds of adherents by suggesting they are the best, the only truth, subject to having their ego consciousness live forever beyond death (and that ties in to the odd belief in bodily resurrection), destined for great rewards like literal jewels in crowns in heaven, and you can throw the idea of having the biggest, baddest god in line with the rest of it. This holds pretty true right down to helping others, witnessing, and when broken down is really nothing more than ego stroking yourself about how good and right you are. And how everyone is in need of your special insight. Notice the egoic reactions to people declining to believe them, or outright opposing them. Then it's threats, smears, libel, straw men and assorted negative reactions. The whole religion, in comparison to something like Buddhism, is shallow minded egoism gone wild. And slapped with the stamp of peaceful religion. 

One of the glaring problems with the god who is bigger than big, is that they claim that god is omnipresent, and eternal. The logical conclusion is that present everywhere means present in everything, and is everything, basically. God would have to be existence itself, to be present everywhere. Because the only thing present everywhere, is existence itself. But they don't really believe that, they are generally too small minded to follow their own claims to the logical and ultimate conclusion. Because if god really is omnipresent, then god is present in everyone and everything all the time. Present in all the light, present in all the darkness. In the east they come to these conclusions, but in the west they fall short of this depth of thought. So christianity is a low level type of theistic belief system, self contradicting, ego centric to the core, and that domino effects out to most of it's adherent's individual thought processes. It makes for an army of egoic christian soliders. 

If god was what they claim, bigger than big, omnipresent, then god is already present in everyone and everything. There's no one to preach to, aside from god preaching to himself. No one to save, unless god has some pressing issue to save god, from god. No one to condemn, unless god has some pressing need to condemn god. And no one to look down on or perceive as "small," again, unless god is perceives himself as "small." There would be no reason to be christian over being anything else. The whole thing dissolves into evident nonsense when taken to the logical conclusion of it's own claims.....

I think you're discribing panendeism. That isn't a religion, & I don't think it's even a spirituality concept per se. It's simply a way of looking at the universe & creation. Creation continues to create, & it reproduces, it also weeds out the weak and flawed elements, and it evolves. The strongest get stronger and smarter as they evolve. That is pretty amazing, at least to my weak & feeble mind. 

The idea that creation itself being something humans might envision as God is the only concept of God that I can consider to be even remotely plausible.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:11 AM, theanticrash said:

They say

It's like saying

What they mean when they say that is their God is bigger than the problem they are facing. Which means their God can defeat the problem they are facing. Their God has power to do this. Their God is able to save them from that thing they are facing.

I used to believe this shit.

🤫

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Anushka said:

What they mean when they say that is their God is bigger than the problem they are facing. Which means their God can defeat the problem they are facing. Their God has power to do this. Their God is able to save them from that thing they are facing.

I used to believe this shit.

🤫

At least you can say shit now without a bunch of Jesus freaks getting uppity about it.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Well then maybe “god” needs to lay off the manna 😂

• Super Moderator

Any "god" who can be described in human terms is not big enough to save you.  And "bigger than the biggest big" is a human term.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Any "god" who can be described in human terms is not big enough to save you.  And "bigger than the biggest big" is a human term.

I once caught a fish this

<------------ :) ------------> big.

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, sunstring said:

I once caught a fish this

<------------ :) ------------> big.

I used to fish with a guy who only had one arm.  He caught a fish

😀---------------------------> this big!

Ironically, his name was Jonah.