Goodbye Jesus

How to Lengthen Your Life

TABA

Leaving Christianity behind can leave one feeling adrift and craving alternative guidelines for living one’s life.  Fortunately there is a lot of good non-religious wisdom out there.  I love this article from The Book of Life:

“We don’t need to add years; we need to densify the time we have left by ensuring that every day is lived consciously – and we can do this via a manoeuvre as simple as it is momentous: by starting to notice all that we have as yet only seen.”

http://www.thebookoflife.org/how-to-lengthen-your-life/

• Like 2

That's an interesting perspective. I do fast paced work and time fly's. I need to try and slow it down. lol

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

That's an interesting perspective. I do fast paced work and time fly's. I need to try and slow it down. lol

If time flies by because you’re engrossed in something - work or a hobby, maybe - I think that’s a good thing.  

I've gone back to drawing. I used to draw fish when I was younger. I was inspired by this recently:

http://townielifemagazine.com/2017/03/16/apollo-beach-artist-designs-for-bealls-department-store/

She submits all of her designs to Bealls as black and white pencil sketches.

Once submitted, the Bealls art team put together a story board to discuss. They must make sure the design ‘fits’ with the line and determine if they think it will sell.

“I’m getting the feel of the work now,” she explains. “Once I saw a finished product, and what they did with my design, I have a much better idea of how they translate my design to a product.”

The Bealls Art Department then takes Lea’s black and white sketches, scan them into the system, and they begin working their magic to create the final product.

They’ll add color, crop specific parts of a design and make a back ground out of it. You can see this in this shirt. The design team took the scales Lea had drawn and used it as the overall background of the shirt.

I never realized what could be done with pencil sketches. I've bought several of her Reel Legends shirts. I don't really paint, so I never did anything with my pencil sketches. But they've taken her pencil sketches and photo shopped color onto the digital images. I have some ideas I want to explore now. Once I have digital images made of my sketches and my mom's paintings, I may have found a way to market our art. And earn her extra income in retirement....