Goodbye Jesus

Nothing Gets Lost In Translation... Nothing.

Fweethawt

But that came from something like this, and this came from something older, which probably came from verbal tradition handed down... which came from somebodies mind. And along the way bits were added in and altered.

867_3.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2018 at 3:54 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

But that came from something like this, and this came from something older, which probably came from verbal tradition handed down... which came from somebodies mind. And along the way bits were added in and altered.

Yeah, but God was always whispering in the translator's ear to make sure the C.O.R.E. message remained intact.

v1.aDs1MTA2O2o7MTc2ODU7MTIwMDs3MDA7Mzk0

Jesus is magic!

It does highlight a point that I've made to other people though and that is if someone somehow managed to cobble together a time machine that they'd have a nearly impossible time communicating in what we know as English if they were to go back too far in the past (I've said about 1000 years would be about it and it looks like my estimate might be generous at that).  I imagine communicating with ease would mean a much smaller window.  People tend to forget (not know/care?) that languages evolve.

mwc