Goodbye Jesus

Is it possible?

Guest llllll

Guest llllll

May I ask you is it possible for a fairly indoctrinated Christian to give up his or her faith?

Thanks

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, llllll said:

May I ask you is it possible for a fairly indoctrinated Christian to give up his or her faith?

Thanks

Definitely!  With thousands of cases, this website is evidence of that possibility -- and we're just a little blip on the great big interweb.  Welcome to Ex-C!  

1 hour ago, llllll said:

Thanks

Yes. I did, and I was very indoctrinated. Many others here can say the same.

I was a deeply indoctrinated Christian for 47 years & served in the highest levels of leadership. I've been out now for several years. Education is the key, IMO. The Bible & Christianity are simply not true & there is a mountain of historical evidence that proves it. 

Dr. Bart Ehrman is a great scholar to read. His books are available in kindle versions and he has a lot of video material on YouTube. Dr. Robert M Price is another great scholar and he has a lot of YouTube videos too.  Both of them were fundamentalists preachers that left the faith while studying for their PHD's. The evidence convinced them that the Bible & Christianity were both man made. 

• Super Moderator

Absolutely. All it takes is the desire to learn and willingness to put aside assumptions. After years of unanswered questions (unanswerable questions, I guess) I was in a class at Moody when it finally hit me, "This is all bullshit!"

I was an indoctrinated fundamentalist until the age of 35. One of those good christians who just towed the line and didn't ask questions for years, and then when they started to appear, I buried them for years. Yes, its possible. It's easier to undo the indoctrination when you educate yourself properly on the problems inherent in Christianity, which is what I did. My beliefs collapsed almost overnight when I did that, and although the road out is a long one, it's very possible. In fact, it's impossible not to take it, once you are a non believer.

5 hours ago, llllll said:

Thanks

I was deeply indoctrinated and eventually it wore off.  It depends on what happens.