Goodbye Jesus

Xians Using Recent Converts As Trophies

RedFox

I get ired when Xians announce the names of people they've recently led to accepting Jesus. It's like they're showing off their brainwashing ablities and using those people as trophies. I'm sure the Xians won't view it like that, but as saving them from eternal torture prescribed by their loving god who would blame it on the people's free will.

I've seen at least four of those annoucements, one in a Xian roommate's IM profile and 3 in person. One of the people they claimed to have saved from eternal torture was somebody I initially thought won't be susceptible to such preaching. I hope that person faked it to make the Xians stop preaching and go away, but I'll ask him in some way to see what happened.

This makes me want to start an atheist, freethinker, or whatever group to counterbalance the 3 general Xian groups on campus, which are BASIC, CCC and IVCF.

How do you feel when Xians make such announcements, especially about people you know?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

You could start a freethinker club. That's a good idea, actually. There are too few such organizations, IMHO.

I was almost a notch on a fundiegelical's trophy belt.

The reaction I got when I refused to buckle was pretty awful. Consequently I think trophy evanglizing is predatory and despicable. I think even less of those who do it.

You could start a freethinker club. That's a good idea, actually. There are too few such organizations, IMHO.

There are already an atheist group and a freethinker group on Facebook for my school. Someone at the freethinker group was thinking about meeting in real life, so maybe I could ask them about that.

I get ired when Xians announce the names of people they've recently led to accepting Jesus. It's like they're showing off their brainwashing ablities and using those people as trophies. I'm sure the Xians won't view it like that, but as saving them from eternal torture prescribed by their loving god who would blame it on the people's free will.

I've seen at least four of those annoucements, one in a Xian roommate's IM profile and 3 in person. One of the people they claimed to have saved from eternal torture was somebody I initially thought won't be susceptible to such preaching. I hope that person faked it to make the Xians stop preaching and go away, but I'll ask him in some way to see what happened.

This makes me want to start an atheist, freethinker, or whatever group to counterbalance the 3 general Xian groups on campus, which are BASIC, CCC and IVCF.

How do you feel when Xians make such announcements, especially about people you know?

AT LEAST THE ESTABLISHED CHURCHES ARE QUIET AND NONINVASIVE. tHE LOUD BIBLE BANGERS AND REFORMED WHATEVER AND THE BIBLE GROUPS ARE THE MOST SICKENING GROUPS

It is very telling that they view people as trophies -- if you really think about it! Trophies, once won, are usually put on shelves and forgotten until its time to clean. Then they become just a nuisance. The only real thing they serve for the winner is for others to "see what they've done in the past." They are in no way reflective if the person can still do whatever it is that got them the trophy. How many fat boys have trophies for things like basketball or football from high school? How many christians have trophies in subject matters like Science or Math -- and look at them now!

The great news is, just because people "convert" does not mean they will stay converted. People like plants need to be fostered and nourished. Something a lot of churches miss on the uptake.

They get all excited about the new "puppies" but then drop them like hot potatoes when someone new comes along. I have also seen where if someone has a "problem" or a real "life crisis" like a divorce, their little xian friends run for the hills - faster than if you had stuck an M80 up their ass and set it off. We're not talking about a very cohesive group to begin with....not in any stretch! Most Xians I have known have been very self-centered and self-serving - not really concerned about the well-being or safety of others.

This could explain why there are more and more ex-christians running around this earth! Even the dimmest bulb realizes when he/she is yesterday's news! :scratch: