Goodbye Jesus

Repent Its Lent!

garrisonjj

How about all the passion plays, religious services urging repentence and cleaning up your life.I am beginning to resent this shit. Its in our local papers and everywhere people are fasting! How ridiculous. Christians have to advertise the fact that they are in self denial and providing such a wonderful sacrafice to god!

Ive done it for years and all it fuckin did was made me feel guilty and misreable! Right after Easter Christians are out ripping you off and breaking every "commandment" once again. This is the hypocrisy that is making me more and more proud to be an ex christian every day! Now please pass that double cheeseburger!!! Its Friday!!! Thank you!

What I could never understand was the ash Weds thing? I refused to take part in it cause I was not about to walk around all day looking like I forgot to wash my face... lol

The minister tried to explain it to me and I flat out told them it was stupid and I was not about to take part in it. Something about repenting for jesus' death or something? Hey, I didn't do it! (even though they say we are ALL responsible for his death...yeah right, ask his daddy about that one)

And the fish fridays....what is up with that? I never did understand the fish thing? Could someone please explain to me what is the big deal about fish? I seriously have no clue about the significance. (Yoni perhaps? LOL) All I know about it is that they can not have any other meat other than fish on Fridays.....beats me? You are right, everywhere you go there is a AUCE fish, fish fry, fish fish fish fish. Ditto on the double cheeseburger!!!! lol

Top it off, how many times can someone go on and on and on and on and on about the death of jesus. (well, there are at least 4 different ways to tell it biblically..lol)

How everyone gets a brand new outfit just for Easter Sunday....ok?? WHY is that important???? Someone tried to say there was a spiritual issue about it...something about all brand new. WTF ever?

I remember when I was a christian, this was the most depressing time of year....dwelling on the death, how you fucked up and caused it, shame bad little sinner, you are worthless....blah blah blah Could not feel good until Easter morning when HALLELUJAH he has risen! (yeah right) All mind games....soooooo glad that I am done with it!!! WOO HOO!

What I could never understand was the ash Weds thing? I refused to take part in it cause I was not about to walk around all day looking like I forgot to wash my face... lol

The minister tried to explain it to me and I flat out told them it was stupid and I was not about to take part in it. Something about repenting for jesus' death or something? Hey, I didn't do it! (even though they say we are ALL responsible for his death...yeah right, ask his daddy about that one)

And the fish fridays....what is up with that? I never did understand the fish thing? Could someone please explain to me what is the big deal about fish? I seriously have no clue about the significance. (Yoni perhaps? LOL) All I know about it is that they can not have any other meat other than fish on Fridays.....beats me? You are right, everywhere you go there is a AUCE fish, fish fry, fish fish fish fish. Ditto on the double cheeseburger!!!! lol

Top it off, how many times can someone go on and on and on and on and on about the death of jesus. (well, there are at least 4 different ways to tell it biblically..lol)

How everyone gets a brand new outfit just for Easter Sunday....ok?? WHY is that important???? Someone tried to say there was a spiritual issue about it...something about all brand new. WTF ever?

I remember when I was a christian, this was the most depressing time of year....dwelling on the death, how you fucked up and caused it, shame bad little sinner, you are worthless....blah blah blah Could not feel good until Easter morning when HALLELUJAH he has risen! (yeah right) All mind games....soooooo glad that I am done with it!!! WOO HOO!

There is only one fucking thing that rises on me!!!! When that happens,,,,its alleluia for me!!! Ha Ha

And the fish fridays....what is up with that? I never did understand the fish thing? Could someone please explain to me what is the big deal about fish? I seriously have no clue about the significance. (Yoni perhaps? LOL)

I think deep down, we all know what that's about :wicked:

Don't get me started, older posters will know my notorious obsession with this in earlier forum days.

Deep down, even when I was a serious Xian, the idea of ritual starvation never appealed much to me. I only ever did it when I thought I had to be a good little obedient Xian boy, but I secretly hated it and could never understand why any god would want us to go hungry as part of some ritual of penance. All it does is highlight the disgusting Xian phobia against enjoying life and enjoying earthly things. I intend to eat, drink, and be merry, and if I feel the need to "repent", I'll enjoy life more as an act of penance for depriving myself of it for so long.

All Lent and fasting and such are is tripe based on the Xian ascetic spirit, that is, that the earthly sucks and only the spiritual is any good. It's all about living for some fairy-tale world-to-come instead of trying to make a heaven out of the one we're in. Moronic.

For the past two years, I've made it a point to go out and order the biggest, bloodiest mutha-fuckin' prime-ass-mutha-fuckin'-rib steak dinner than I can afford on "Good Friday". (funny how they call the supposed day their savior got nailed to a board, "good". :HaHa: )

This year won't be any different.

Well - it'll be slightly different. You see, I'm going to go out of my way to make sure that I find a restaraunt that is having a fish special. :woohoo:

How about all the passion plays, religious services urging repentence and cleaning up your life.I am beginning to resent this shit. Its in our local papers and everywhere people are fasting! How ridiculous. Christians have to advertise the fact that they are in self denial and providing such a wonderful sacrafice to god!

Ive done it for years and all it fuckin did was made me feel guilty and misreable! Right after Easter Christians are out ripping you off and breaking every "commandment" once again. This is the hypocrisy that is making me more and more proud to be an ex christian every day! Now please pass that double cheeseburger!!! Its Friday!!! Thank you!

Gary,

I feel your pain, brother. The self-denial and repentance spiel irritates the hell outta me, too.

I'm a theist, and I believe that any sane God would be above all this nonsense. If God is "bigger than we could ever imagine", then what's up with all the ritualistic crap? This stuff is so pointless.

Now...if only I can manage to avoid my parents and their church this Easter...hmm...