Goodbye Jesus

This Guy Has Spare Time... A Lot

theGreatMe

the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4853890.stm

I got an idea, lets rebuild the Ark of the Covenant too!

It's one fifth the size?

If he built one to scale, the thing would bust apart when he tried to float it. Wooden ships are not built that big and the bigger ones that were built have to be reinforced with steel girdings to keep it together and still the water has to be pumped out of it due to all the leaks.

I have to wonder if his boat will even be seaworthy, or if the thing will colapse in on itself.

Taph

I hope the stupid thing collapses and makes him look like the dope he is for insisting anything found in the Babble can actually be tested and reproduced in real life :loser:

If I have that much money, I think I could find better ways to spend it rather than on a big ass boat to be like Noah. I personally do not see how that thing could be sea worthy....but I am not an expert, just MO.

It never ceases to amaze me the way some people chose to waste their time. Why doesn't he try to learn something new instead of trying to build an ark? What's the point? Does he think there's a flood coming? What's the fucking point?

Mr Huibers said his wife was not very keen on the idea.

"She always says: 'Why don't you go dig wells in Ethiopia?'," he said. "I've been involved in projects there before but she understands this is my dream."

Like a true Xtian, why help real people who need Real things when you can sell tickets to a jokeboat, make money and have fame. :loser:

Why not build it to real scale at least?

It never ceases to amaze me the way some people chose to waste their time. Why doesn't he try to learn something new instead of trying to build an ark? What's the point? Does he think there's a flood coming? What's the fucking point?

LOL My husband said the same thing you did...."Are we expecting another flood or something?" (Like there was one in the first place..lol)

The things people do to try to prove the bible as true....some can actually be amusing.

I can almost picture this "ark" as driftwood when attempted to be out in the water.

he'll just show how stupid the babble really is. he should have made it to scale and went for forty days. i doubt he could even fit all of his animals, enough food/water for 40 days and nights, and food/water for him an his family for 40 days and nights, let alone two of every animal(or seven, depending on which part of the babble you read). i'm pretty sure it would fall apart as well.

Mr Huibers' vision is more modest - he said he plans to stock his ark with horses, lambs, chickens and rabbits - mostly baby animals to save space.

Notice how he swerves into a problem with the biblical story

and somehow manages to blithely ignore it. Two of every

insect species in the world would have probably been more

than enough to sink the Ark before it got anywhere near

Mt. Ararat. And he's just having a hard time with a few

farm animals.

:loser:

So, WTF is "gopher wood" anyway?

I think this guy may be enjoying his lovely gopher wood... (What's he looking at...? Camera angle's not quite right to see the gopher wood (thank dog), but its presence can be inferred.)

(So, oddly enough, that was the 2nd image that popped up on google image search when I typed in "gopher." I was intending to photoshop something, but it turned out not to be necessary, LOL.)

So, WTF is "gopher wood" anyway?

I'm sure the fundys will say that god killed all the gopher trees with the unicorns in the flood as to maintain the faith.. :loser: I have no idea what Gopher wood is, but I bet it makes nice faux furniture :lmao:

1.2 million dollars, huh? :ugh:

All funded with bank loans. :Doh:

100,000 people will have to visit in order to pay for it. :Hmm:

:eek: That's twelve dollars a person!!! :eek:

:eek: Jesus had twelve disciples!!! :eek:

:eek: The story is true!!! :eek:

Just so the kids can, "hear the creak of the wood, smell the smell of the dung" and know that Noah's ark was real. :lmao:

Bonfire.

If the jackass made it to scale, I think it would be a great experiment on the seaworthiness of such a boat.

Notice how he swerves into a problem with the biblical story

and somehow manages to blithely ignore it. Two of every

insect species in the world would have probably been more

than enough to sink the Ark before it got anywhere near

Mt. Ararat. And he's just having a hard time with a few

farm animals.

:loser:

<fundie emulation>

But there was no need to put every insect et cetera on board! Only every kind of insect was needed, and in the centuries after da fludd these animals evolved... err... varied... err...

*runs off screaming "Führer! Führer! Gimme a new brainwashing fix!!!11!!!"*

</fundie emulation>

If the jackass made it to scale, I think it would be a great experiment on the seaworthiness of such a boat.

And the fundie fuckfaces wonder why no rational person takes icr, aig, hoovie, gasbag et al seriously. At least this numbnut actually does something one would expect from a so-called "researcher". He tests a theory.

Of course we know that the test will fail if he really pulls it through to the end... which is exactly why the professional liars at icr & co never conduct real research. :fdevil:

Why is everyone so certain that this particular experiment is going to fail? The boat is 1/5 the size of "the original", and more than likely is built with reinforcements made by today's standards.

Why would it fail?

Shouldn't any literalist consider the experiment a failure if it's not done the "original" way, that is, built like da babble sez it should be built?

But you're right basically, I admit. A smaller, reinforced version may well be seaworthy, at least if seaworthiness is the only thing we consider important.

Now about stuffing all those animals in there, that's another question :pureevil:

Now about stuffing all those animals in there, that's another question :pureevil:
Or an amount of animals that the boat can handle...

for an entire year! :pureevil:

I could be wrong, but I thought that people do use scale models to test how sea worthy ships/boats are. Hydrodynamics doesn't seem to depend on size, but design and materials, so it still wouldn't be a good test because it is made of different wood. What would be more fun would be to try to fit two of each animal in it (no reason to even bother with the 6 unclean, 7 unclean of the other Noah story).

This will speak very much to children... they'll hear the creak of the wood, smell the smell of the dung
I don't know about you, but the smell of dung really spoke to me as a child.

If anyone wants a neat little avatar of that gopher

that Godless Wonder posted, here ya go. :HaHa:

he'll just show how stupid the babble really is. he should have made it to scale and went for forty days. i doubt he could even fit all of his animals, enough food/water for 40 days and nights, and food/water for him an his family for 40 days and nights, let alone two of every animal(or seven, depending on which part of the babble you read). i'm pretty sure it would fall apart as well.

It's not an unprobable thing that it might rain for forty days -- we've haven't had rain for forty-six.

As for the two of each species deal, why in the hell would Noah save the mosquitoes, ticks and fleas. Don't you think Noah would have just left them out? What purpose do they serve -- or ever served?

Here's an interesting article regarding the ark: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...7_noahsark.html

Some people think this is Noah's ark:

notark.jpg

Like a true Xtian, why help real people who need Real things when you can sell tickets to a jokeboat, make money and have fame. :loser:

Why not build it to real scale at least?

And do the most important thing a Xian can do - advertise their cult. After all, it's what Xianity is all about, spreading the Good Noose™ of Jesus™. Cultists live for this above all other things. If this dope could actually build Noah's ark, even if only to scale, and get it to actually function, it would draw attention to the cult and highlight his love for it, which will in turn influence the gullible into accepting it, too.

Half the time, the only reason Xians try to help the starving and the poor is so they can evangelize as well. If they had to conceal their Xianity all of the time to everyone around them whenever they went out to help the poor, I guarentee the vast majority of them would give up charitable work. Xians live to impress their god, but if nothing they did "laid up trreasures in heaven" then they'd have no reason to do anything worthwhile.

All this stupid boat is intended to be is a big sign saying "Jesus is cool!". And Gawd forbid that this guy admits he's just gratifying his ego, moreover :Wendywhatever:

Actually, I would very much like a reproduction ark of the covenant. I just need to find a carpenter who would make one for me. As a future archaeologist, it would look very impressive in my study.

• 2 months later...

just saw this article on this guy in Maxim:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/dutchmans...l?page=fullpage

He built it out of modern wood over a steel hull. But he does want to build a full-scale model in Manhattan at some point.

Did you notice how the ark looks just like how 17th century artists painted it?