Goodbye Jesus

In-store Evangelism?

Guest bdp

I had just entered a supermarket/all-purpose store, sorta like a smaller regional Wal-Mart, when a kid about ten walked up and said 'Sir, would you mind if I asked you a question?' I said sure, he said 'What does Jesus mean to you?' I said 'Nothing' and walked on, but as I walked I thought about what a kid his age was doing surveying people in a store on a Sunday night about 5PM. And I thought some more and remembered he had a cell phone in his hand, which I thought was odd but I remembered that phones today can be cameras and record voices too, and I wondered if he had taken my picture, recorded my voice, and what he was/would be doing with it/them. If I had thought of it when he was talking I would have refused to answer the question and told him in no uncertain terms that if he had my voice and image recorded he absolutely had no permission to use them for any purpose under threat of legal action against him, his family, and his church. But I've been wondering if I should go back to the store and tell them of what happened and formally register a complaint about it. I pity that poor kid though, and I despise whoever put him up to doing that.

bdp

BDP, never underestimate how low xians will go to get people to do their bidding for them.

Precisely. The Prime Directive always comes first, and if children can be brainwashed into carrying the Prime Directive out, then all the better - it's for the glory of Gawd, after all. Everything's fair in love and war - and evangelism.

I suppose they think if it's a kid there's less chance people will do exactly what I did, answer rudely and go on. Which on a good day I might not have either but I was in no mood for it from anyone.

The megachurch here is gearing up for their big easter show, it occurs to me that it might have had something to do with that. I have this vision of the kid doing video captures with his phone and the megachurch showing them on the video screen, and this kids asks what Jesus means to me and I snap 'Nothing!' and stalk on, and the whole church gasps as if I were the devil himself. What a happy thought... :HaHa:

bdp

I suppose they think if it's a kid there's less chance people will do exactly what I did, answer rudely and go on. Which on a good day I might not have either but I was in no mood for it from anyone.

The megachurch here is gearing up for their big easter show, it occurs to me that it might have had something to do with that. I have this vision of the kid doing video captures with his phone and the megachurch showing them on the video screen, and this kids asks what Jesus means to me and I snap 'Nothing!' and stalk on, and the whole church gasps as if I were the devil himself. What a happy thought... :HaHa:

bdp

Well, BDP, the next time, just say, "No comment." ;)

say sorry im shopping for clothes not manure

if they say why you call it manure?

say cause its bullshit :lmao:

Lots of kids have cell phones. I would just amount it to another one of kids' weird questions asked random people because of their bizarre childhood thinking.

I don't think any church is trying to spy on you......

Somewhat related to witnessing in stores, my nephew is accosted by Amway (or Questar or whatever the hell they call themselves these days) just about every time he goes to our local Target. Since he is just about 30 and a nice, clean-cut young man, he seems to be a target (pun intended) himself.

The "No Soliciting" signs everywhere apparently don't faze this bunch. There is always some sort of Christian element, coming as an invitation to a church outing, etc. My nephew has started the following tactic to dissuade them...

"Let me see, your names were John and Jane Smith, right? Wait just one minute...."

...then pulls out his camera phone and snaps a picture of them. He had threatened to put up a rogues' gallery website of these cretins.

Somewhat related to witnessing in stores, my nephew is accosted by Amway (or Questar or whatever the hell they call themselves these days) just about every time he goes to our local Target. Since he is just about 30 and a nice, clean-cut young man, he seems to be a target (pun intended) himself.

The "No Soliciting" signs everywhere apparently don't faze this bunch. There is always some sort of Christian element, coming as an invitation to a church outing, etc. My nephew has started the following tactic to dissuade them...

"Let me see, your names were John and Jane Smith, right? Wait just one minute...."

...then pulls out his camera phone and snaps a picture of them. He had threatened to put up a rogues' gallery website of these cretins.

The name you're looking for is Quixtar. We got out just as they were switching over to this name. It's worse than being a member of a cultic church. I kid you not.