Goodbye Jesus

Segratarians

jrmarlin

I have noticed some disturbing trends lately. You fall into certain groups....

Republicans vs. Democrats

Smokers vs. Non-Smokers

Whites vs. All Non-Whites

Ex-Xians vs. Xians

Alcoholics vs. Non-Alcoholics

Drug Addicts vs. Non-Drug Addicts

Etc. Etc.

Are we working our way into a society where we're all segregated from everyone else -- who is also segregated as well?

To me, it's looking that way....

"You're either with us or against us."

This is the false dichotemy presented by political bastards and the media who pander to them. In the real world you and I find ourselves in, it doesn't work that way most of the time except in rhetoric.

Turn the propoganda machine off (aka TV), and this perception will mostly cease in your actual everyday experience.

Unfortunately, I still see them, like the dirty looks on the street when I go out to have a quick smoke break while I'm out and about. Those dirty looks don't happen because I look weird or I farted in public. I've done worse!!!!!!!! I dared to light a cigarette to enjoy a smoke in the open, outside environment.

yea thats the way it is alot of people are against who isnt exactly like them who thinks their the perfect example of humankind lol.

i love diffrences it makes the world interesting

Unfortunately, I still see them, like the dirty looks on the street when I go out to have a quick smoke break while I'm out and about. Those dirty looks don't happen because I look weird or I farted in public. I've done worse!!!!!!!! I dared to light a cigarette to enjoy a smoke in the open, outside environment.

Oh, so you're a smoker! You bitch/bastard! You're one of "them"! :lmao:

You got it. I'm one of *them*!

Yeah, now you even have Freddie vs. Jason and Alien vs. Predator. Come on! Even fictional horror movie characters are joining in? :lmao:

Seriously, humans have always been segregationist, although it was more on a tribal or national level. Now with the advent of global communication, we're able to find more in common with each other. Yet conversely, we can find more to disagree about since so many diverse people interact with each other.

Its like people don't know how to live and let live anymore. I don't smoke, but I don't give a damn if anyone else does.

By removing undesirable elements (defining them as the "them" category) a society, especially a corrupt one, will work towards becoming a "world without sin," especially the gravest one: being different. They will pick their targets, people, and dehumanize them, giving them just a label, and getting people to swallow their load about it. This system then uses the outsiders to unify others in their society and to get them to work together better, promote harmony by giving "few" some severe discord.

Polar opposites are simple to picture, easy to use, and minimize the amount of energy people have to invest into thinking. Something I have noticed our peers have gotten us to believe is a bad thing from childhood it seems.

The polarization is getting worse, I agree, the question becomes, will a center reappear in time to prevent the end result of such a scenario?

And has anyone else here seen "V for Vendetta" yet?

Smokers vs. Non-Smokers

Ex-Xians vs. Xians

Etc. Etc.

'

Are we working our way into a society where we're all segregated from everyone else -- who is also segregated as well?

Nope,,,I don't think anything is really more devisive than its always been. Today, however we live in the information age where tv,internet and radio presents instant coverage. Also,no one wants to listen to good news!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(((Just like I don't accept the good news anylonger!!!!)

I love smoking also,,,,How can something soooooooooooo good be soooooooooooobad for you. It takes an average of 13 years off ones life!!!!

Smokers vs. Non-Smokers

Ex-Xians vs. Xians

Etc. Etc.

'

Nope,,,I don't think anything is really more devisive than its always been. Today, however we live in the information age where tv,internet and radio presents instant coverage. Also,no one wants to listen to good news!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(((Just like I don't accept the good news anylonger!!!!)

I love smoking also,,,,How can something soooooooooooo good be soooooooooooobad for you. It takes an average of 13 years off ones life!!!!

Garrison, the oldest woman in the world died at 122 years old. She gave up smoking after 109 years of smoking --- 2 years before her death. Not because of health reasons due to smoking but because she had lost her eyesight and could not see to light the cigarettes. Now, 122 years and most of them -- over a century was smoking -- if I live to be over 100, I will stick an M80 up my own ass because I don't want to be here that fucking long!

Shortening your life by 13 years as just as much a myth as the bible. And you certainly are beginning to see the bad situations regarding that little piece of fantasy...

Smokers vs. Non-Smokers

Ex-Xians vs. Xians

Etc. Etc.

'

Garrison, the oldest woman in the world died at 122 years old. She gave up smoking after 109 years of smoking --- 2 years before her death. Not because of health reasons due to smoking but because she had lost her eyesight and could not see to light the cigarettes. Now, 122 years and most of them -- over a century was smoking -- if I live to be over 100, I will stick an M80 up my own ass because I don't want to be here that fucking long!

Shortening your life by 13 years as just as much a myth as the bible. And you certainly are beginning to see the bad situations regarding that little piece of fantasy...

I certainly hope you are right! My Newports ,coffee and computer are my new fuckin gods! Oh,,,,,did I mention my cock? Ha ha, gary

13 years, ha, I'd like to know how they got that information. They must have known when someone was going to die. The best reason I can think of is the average age of the smoker at death vs. the average age of a non-smoker. The one thing I know for sure about smoking is that it destroys the cilia in the respiratory system that moves the mucous of the lungs up and out of the lungs. The mucous contains debris such as pollen and dead macrophages, etc. up and out of the lungs and into the esophagus. Smokers should never take cough suppressants because this inhibits the 'smoker's cough' that does the job of the cilia.

But, I agree with the original post that we segregate. Especially here in the US. I think minorities are the worst at segregating themselves while preaching non-segregation. I would imagine that it's hard to keep your heritage special and not turn into just another member of white america without some sort of self-imposed segregation. Rebellion against 'the man' is segregation from the majority.

13 years, ha, I'd like to know how they got that information. They must have known when someone was going to die. The best reason I can think of is the average age of the smoker at death vs. the average age of a non-smoker. The one thing I know for sure about smoking is that it destroys the cilia in the respiratory system that moves the mucous of the lungs up and out of the lungs. The mucous contains debris such as pollen and dead macrophages, etc. up and out of the lungs and into the esophagus. Smokers should never take cough suppressants because this inhibits the 'smoker's cough' that does the job of the cilia.

But, I agree with the original post that we segregate. Especially here in the US. I think minorities are the worst at segregating themselves while preaching non-segregation. I would imagine that it's hard to keep your heritage special and not turn into just another member of white america without some sort of self-imposed segregation. Rebellion against 'the man' is segregation from the majority.

*chuckles*

OK so smoking isn't really healthy for us and cigaretts smell bad. So as long as you don't do it in my house, car or while i'm eating at a restaruant I don't give a shit. I rag on my friends for smoking 5-10 cigarettes a day because I can. My friend Mary's(she is a crazy russian btw) new nickname is the "chimney rack" but she is still my friend - she smokes like a maniac. But smoking is only part of her character and atleast she can live her life to the fullest. Furthermore, she couldn't care less about what other people think of her. I like smoking flavored (apple) tobacco through a hooka on rare occasions. It doesn't stink or burn your lungs and it is filtered through water (though we don't know what other toxins possibly come from burning everything else).

I also have republican friends with whom I have mutual interests - when it comes to politics I just say they're misguided. So what?

Most of my friends are white and I'm black?

I even have a few christian friends and I'm agnostic.

I love drinking alcohol and watching 80's movies, eating carrots and humis, fruit roll ups, veggie crackers, horseraddish cheese, and chocolate chip cookies ...

Does Chimney rack count as a drug addict? If the answer is yes, she's a drug addict but I'm not..

I feel like people just blow things out of proportion. Maybe its because I go to a liberal university and my "white" professor smokes weed and listens to rap music.. I dunno.. Am I just looking at the world through rose colored glasses? :woohoo:

Ever notice that when you say you don't have an opinion on something, or say you're not really on one side or the other (say, not Democrat yet not Republican), people get pissy and say, "Well, then, MAKE an opinion! You've got to have one!" or "People who take the middle ground are just wusses who won't make a stand."

Not only smoking but food is becoming the new vice de jour. You can't bite into a hamburger without food nazis hollering about how it's going to kill you. And now people are suing fastfood places saying they made them get fat? What, they took a loaded pistol to your head and demanded you eat 10 Big Macs? :HaHa:

And please don't make me feel like a criminal when I order my ribs and chicken finger platter from Applebee's. My great-grandmother eats whatever she wants and she's still kickin' it at 95. My paternal grandmother does too and she's 87 as did my great-great-grandmother and she lived 85 years.

If they really care that much about people's health like they keep screaming (yeah, suuure they do), they should start making sure we get nationalized healthcare and stop closing emergency rooms just because they don't want to take in the uninsured.

Ever notice that when you say you don't have an opinion on something, or say you're not really on one side or the other (say, not Democrat yet not Republican), people get pissy and say, "Well, then, MAKE an opinion! You've got to have one!" or "People who take the middle ground are just wusses who won't make a stand."

People seem to think that middle ground isn't itself a side. That logic is totally bogus. But if you refrain from having an opinion about something to me it seems you lack essential information to sway you one way or the other. OR maybe you really do have an opinion but its not formulated yet.