Goodbye Jesus

Blew Off An Attempted "witness"

spamandham

I was working out two days ago and this guy in the gym starts talking to me. The news was on TV and they were discussing some alleged gang rape by some jocks in some university (I'm sure this is big news, but I don't pay any attention to this kind of shit so I have no idea what exactly he was talking about).

Anyway, he starts going on about how things like this make him suspect evolution might be right even though he used to believe in it and now he doesn't. I can tell he wants me to say something like "really!? Why not? tell me more about jebus" or some sort of delusional crap. My response was "oh, I really don't watch TV", which was both true and a blow off. He continued on about how it was a heart problem not a hormone problem (I didn't want to bring up the obvious that these were allegations at this point and not yet proven, because that would open the can).

That was the end of that. I debated internally about whether or not to let him go further, but decided "nah". Thoughts?

Well.... You could have anti-witnessed to him.

By Anti-witnessed, tried to show him some truth and how it is in direct conflict with christianity.

Who knows, he could have been a see-ya-on-sunday-jesus-cult-goer. And you could have had a plethora of fun stories to tell us when you were done beating him into submission. Imagine that? ;)

I love doing that to believers. It pisses me off when they try to lead me down a path. Never follow their script - unless you do it in a mocking, sarcastic way.

Also, go off on completely different tangents and watch 'em try to turn it around back to the bible:

Softheaded xtian: "I think those frat boys had a heart problem, not a hormone problem. Let me tell you about Jes-."

You (interrupting): "A heart problem? My grandpa had a heart problem and he started eating lots of broccoli and now he's fine. I think broccoli might cure heart disease. What do you think?"

Softheaded xtian: "Err...yes, it's good for you. Just like the bib- "

You (interrupting): "Why is it everything good for you tastes like shit? How come carrots don't taste like prime rib? It really pisses me off."

Softheaded xtian: "Uhm...uh yeah, it...look, I gotta go." :talkalot:

I love doing that to believers. It pisses me off when they try to lead me down a path. Never follow their script - unless you do it in a mocking, sarcastic way.

Also, go off on completely different tangents and watch 'em try to turn it around back to the bible:

Softheaded xtian: "I think those frat boys had a heart problem, not a hormone problem. Let me tell you about Jes-."

You (interrupting): "A heart problem? My grandpa had a heart problem and he started eating lots of broccoli and now he's fine. I think broccoli might cure heart disease. What do you think?"

Softheaded xtian: "Err...yes, it's good for you. Just like the bib- "

You (interrupting): "Why is it everything good for you tastes like shit? How come carrots don't taste like prime rib? It really pisses me off."

Softheaded xtian: "Uhm...uh yeah, it...look, I gotta go." :talkalot:

:lmao: AGF, THAT is some good shit! [Makes mental note to try this one!]

I was also thinking about "agreeing" with the Christian, but by speaking of The Gods. Y'know, Zeus, Hercules, Pluto, Athena, Poseidon, Mt. Olympus and all the rest. Don't deny Jee-bus and Jehovah, but ADD to the list and speak of the Greek/Roman pantheon as if they are real. And when the Xian attempts to deny the Roman gods WITH LOGIC, you use the same evidence to dismiss Jesus, et al.

Hmm...maybe we should come up with a list of ways to "Frustrate the Fundies!" :wicked:

Hmm...maybe we should come up with a list of ways to "Frustrate the Fundies!" :wicked:

Odds are I'll see this guy again, since I've seen him before (he just never said more than "hi" before, and I'm usually not interested in idle conversation while I'm working out).