Goodbye Jesus

Sex and Marriage: Bible Style!

Riven

Modern cry: “Marriage is between one man and one woman.”

Actual Bible:

Man + Woman – Genesis 2:24

Man + Wives + Concubines – (Check out Abraham’s family & their wives throughout the OT)

Man + Woman + Woman’s property – Genesis 16

Man + Woman + Woman + Woman (polygamy) Essau (3 wives), Jacob (2), Ashur (3), Gideon (lots), David (lots), plus many others

Man + Brother’s Widow - Genesis 38:6-10

Rapist + His Victim – Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Male Soldier + Prisoner of War – in both Numbers, Deuteronomy

Male Slave + Female Slave – slave owner could assign a female slave to a male one – Exodus 21:4

The logic goes like this:

Christian points to Adam & Eve, stating this is the ideal.

Christian says all other Old Testament marriage examples are “from a different culture and time”

Christian does not seem to understand the Adam/Eve story is in Genesis - also in the Old Testament

Additionally, all verses on homosexuality are valid for this culture today.

And then, there’s Lot. He was down for offering up his daughters for gang rape, because if he didn’t, the angry crowd outside his house would gang rape the angels visiting him he had inside.

HOWEVER: The bible never records the residents of Sodom performing homosexual acts, but it does make it clear that they were guilty of injustice and being inhospitable, and therefore deserved judgment.

You know, because those things are worse than gang rape.

And additionally, he does absolutely nothing about those practicing injustice or inhospitality today.

Makes perfect sense.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Riven said:

Modern cry: “Marriage is between one man and one woman.”

Actual Bible:

Man + Woman – Genesis 2:24

Man + Wives + Concubines – (Check out Abraham’s family & their wives throughout the OT)

Man + Woman + Woman’s property – Genesis 16

Man + Woman + Woman + Woman (polygamy) Essau (3 wives), Jacob (2), Ashur (3), Gideon (lots), David (lots), plus many others

Man + Brother’s Widow - Genesis 38:6-10

Rapist + His Victim – Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Male Soldier + Prisoner of War – in both Numbers, Deuteronomy

Male Slave + Female Slave – slave owner could assign a female slave to a male one – Exodus 21:4

The logic goes like this:

Christian points to Adam & Eve, stating this is the ideal.

Christian says all other Old Testament marriage examples are “from a different culture and time”

Christian does not seem to understand the Adam/Eve story is in Genesis - also in the Old Testament

Additionally, all verses on homosexuality are valid for this culture today.

And then, there’s Lot. He was down for offering up his daughters for gang rape, because if he didn’t, the angry crowd outside his house would gang rape the angels visiting him he had inside.

HOWEVER: The bible never records the residents of Sodom performing homosexual acts, but it does make it clear that they were guilty of injustice and being inhospitable, and therefore deserved judgment.

You know, because those things are worse than gang rape.

And additionally, he does absolutely nothing about those practicing injustice or inhospitality today.

Makes perfect sense.

I assume you're saying you have a problem with all of that?  :banghead:  :jesus:

• Haha 2

I think I would have loved to live in the old testament days!! :yelrotflmao:

• Haha 1

N.B.: Adam and EVE. NOT Adam and STEVE. All else is beside the point.

• Like 1

Don't forget to mention Lot himself raped his daughters... which of course was his daughter's fault (according to the bible)... and which of course was of noble intentions (according to the bible) because it was to perpetuate his lineage.

Note: Also, they make you read these stories as CHILDREN. I had NO IDEA what these stories were ACTUALLY saying until many years later. "Yes daddy! I'll obediently read these stories about how it's all right to murder and rape your children!" (refer to Deuteronomy 21:18 for the murder part)

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, Margee said:

I think I would have loved to live in the old testament days!! :yelrotflmao:

In my neck-of-the woods one has to be careful with a statement like that. :twitch:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Super Moderator

That's all old testament trash.  In the new testament, St. Paul says it's better for men of god not to marry because a wife and family will only weigh them down.  So a true "christian" marriage should not be possible.

• Haha 1

Not very good footing for biblical marriage. People are dense like that these days. No reason for the ten commandments to be associated with a modern courtroom in a secular nation, either......