Goodbye Jesus

Netflix: Lost in Space

Fuego

:ugh: SPOILERS, First episode only

I've only seen the first episode, but the science of the show is so damn lousy that I don't know if I can continue.

1. They show a deep water scene that freezes all at the same time instead of top to bottom. Water freezes on top first, then the ice slowly goes deeper.

2. Oh hey, look at that mountain of blazing white light, we must have lit off a natural deposit of magnesium. Magnesium occurs in ore form combined with other elements and compounds, not as a raw metal. It isn't found in veins of pure metal that you can scrape out of a mountainside like toothpaste.

3. Magnesium doesn't burn hotter when dunked in ice water. That's phosphorus that will burn in air or water.

4. I'm a high tech robot with incredible strength, but I can't get out of this tree. A boy with a metal rope saw will saw the 1ft thick branch instead in a few seconds. Then I will understand English by listening to him for a few minutes.

Bleah.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

That's too bad.  I was looking forward to this show.  I'll probably still catch the first episode at least.

FWIW, I've watched the entire first season. There is more bad science, but I found the show entertaining. Lots of shows have plot holes and bad science, but are still entertaining.

• Thanks 1

I saw a few episodes. It was ok. The characters seemed bland though.

Overall enjoyed series.  Science was bothersome in things shown as noted in OP.  Try to suspend those, juggle out those holes, pretend that indeed a sci-mil unit send to colonize  untamed world(s) would be totally unarmed nor otherwise shielded from harms way....

Rest falls into a neat predictable and enjoyable series worthy of your time.

Four and a half thumbs up on the five thumbed mankee paw

kL

I watched it and im looking forward to next season.

And besides, they're on another planet. Science is different there! Now go watch the rest of it.

• Thanks 1

Too much reality spoils my fiction. :)

• Haha 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.