Goodbye Jesus

Where Ever Two Or More...

HoustonHorn

I'm paraphrasing here, but there is some oft quoted line about where ever 2 or more are gathered in his name he'll be there. My guess is that's supposed to let us know that when we're in church god is with us.

Leading to the question. What happens if I'm driving down a deserted road by myself and hit a slick spot? Where's the protection? Is it only there if I have passengers?

Asking here, I know where the answers are going to come from. But I'm interested in the theological point of view. Does he take it more seriously when there are '2 or more'? Would 5,000 be even better?

If you're all "gathered in his name" then you'll be better protected, of course.

Let's say you were a Christian bus driver with a full load of little Christian children busy singing hymns, naturally, God is there with you and you don't have to worry about getting into an accident.

Also, if you're worshipping in church with a bunch of fellows, you can definitely expect God to be there and protect you all from his church roof collapsing or getting destroyed by weather He controls.

I know I always feel better if I'm hanging out with a bunch of Christians because I know I'll be sure to avoid getting killed in some kind of random violent act of retribution.

:lmao:

Good one, Jose!

By the way, HH, the verse is Matthew 18:20: "For where two or

three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst

of them."

Kinda gets a little creepy, though, when you start thinking of

christians having sex, and there's this invisible sky-being in

the bedroom, watching them.....

:lmao:

By the way, HH, the verse is Matthew 18:20: "For where two or

three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst

of them."

Kinda gets a little creepy, though, when you start thinking of

christians having sex, and there's this invisible sky-being in

the bedroom, watching them.....

No, no - you missed the "in my name" part. They are safe unless they say things like "Oh God! :HaHa: "

[No, no - you missed the "in my name" part. They are safe unless they say things like "Oh God! :HaHa: "

But I thought christians were supposed to do everything

"in his name" and to the "glory of god"! :HaHa: