Goodbye Jesus

The Bicameral Mind

BookOfRuthless

Anyone feel like humanity is living in a bicameral mind state, thinking "God" is talking to them and telling them what to do, hence religion? Thus, following the concepts of Westworld, only those of us who have realized religion is false and "God" is our own subconscious have actually, finally become self-aware and truly intelligent? And we all know what happens when the masses become self-aware... 😉

(I know the bicameral mind theory is bunk and Westworld season 2 was questionable to say the least, but it's a fun little analogy.)

• Like 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Every fundamentalists has a "Personal" relationship with God & Jesus. According to them they have daily conversations with Jesus and many claim to literally hear his voice. It is amazing how effective brainwashing is and the power it gives to those that do the brainwashing.

It's interesting that Christians can spot brainwashing and cultish traits in every religion but theirs.

• Like 2

Yeah, I always wondered about the folks that claimed that Jesus replied to them, got them good parking spaces, etc.   

17 minutes ago, Tsathoggua9 said:

Yeah, I always wondered about the folks that claimed that Jesus replied to them, got them good parking spaces, etc.   

ARRRRRRRRRRG!

Pet Peeve!

"NO! Jesus/God did NOT speak to you! If you really heard voices I seriously question your mental stability!"

"If you did not then your a lie'n sack of shit!"

That's what I want to say to them and just might next time.

Should this thread be in Ex-Crhistian Life????

47 minutes ago, MOHO said:

ARRRRRRRRRRG!

Pet Peeve!

"NO! Jesus/God did NOT speak to you! If you really heard voices I seriously question your mental stability!"

"If you did not then your a lie'n sack of shit!"

That's what I want to say to them and just might next time.

Should this thread be in Ex-Crhistian Life????

But maybe, just maybe, he did work his holy magnificent god-mojo to get them a decent place ta park their damm car....   

• Haha 1

When I was active on an ex-church of Christ board there was a Muslim that was active there too.I asked him how he went from the church of Christ to Muslim; he told me Allah appeared to him and informed him Christianity was a human religion and that Islam & the Koran is the only true religion and the Koran is the only true Holy Scripture. 

I said, okay good to know. Allah hasn't paid me a visit yet, and it would take a personal visit from Allah to convince me too. I don't question his sincerity but I have some doubts about his mental stability. 

Until this incident, I wasn't aware Allah made house calls. 

Someone here shared this a while back with me and I find it pertinent in this case.  I see people who claim that god speaks directly to them as having a "rogue agent" in the mind.  It's milder than multiple personalities but distinct from the self.  http://meltingasphalt.com/neurons-gone-wild/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.