Goodbye Jesus

Wow

YDOAPS

the order of events maters. really, which order of events? genesis one or two?

my favourite part of this article is how all of science is wrapped up and presented as "evolution." there is a chart showing how "evolution" goes against creationism as if it were an argument FOR creationism.

The only "evidence" presented in the article is nothing more than assertion that the bible is 100% right all the time and anything, in this evolution, that disagrees with it is wrong (even other so-called christians that don't believe in a literal six day young earth). But who am I to argue against the "perfect" word of god (it must be is says it is) without any evidence as opposed to science that is imperfect but has tons of evidence? I'm convinced. ;)

I should add the part I like is where he accuses others of bible mutilation since they are rearranging verses and all but he quotes Isaiah 66:2:

"For My hand made all these things, thus all these things came into being,” declares the LORD. “But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

Oddly enough this too contradicts Genesis 1:3,6,9,11,14,20,24 and 26 where it says "And God said..." Did he use his hands to make all things as god claims in Isaiah or did he simply speak them into existance as written in Genesis? I'm sure the author of the article has a "good" answer that can twist this all around and claim interpretation as opposed to mutilation.

mwc

That argument is old. I remember reading that in high school.

On second thought, it's not old, it's very resent.

Taph

But... if order actually MATTERS, then how do they explain Genesis 1 and 2, which depicts two creation stories - in different orders?

I find the picture of the dinosaur with a giraffe in the background kind of amusing.

Why is it that the few times I visit AiG that I can't finish more than one or two paragraphs. I get so angry that I want to beat the authors head in a fricking huge clue rake! :vent:

Bunch of fricking condecending intellectual idotic morons. That place just hacks me off to no end. They couldn't pour piss out of boot if the instructions were on the bottom. Sheesh....

It would be funny if people weren't buying into that crap in droves. What's happening to this country anyway!

Why is it that the few times I visit AiG that I can't finish more than one or two paragraphs. I get so angry that I want to beat the authors head in a fricking huge clue rake! :vent:

Bunch of fricking condecending intellectual idotic morons. That place just hacks me off to no end. They couldn't pour piss out of boot if the instructions were on the bottom. Sheesh....

It would be funny if people weren't buying into that crap in droves. What's happening to this country anyway!

I know how you feel. I've tried to read and understand creationism, but I just end up becoming infuriated. Creationist literature is rife with errors and intellectual dishonesty. They have a very deep misunderstanding of how science works and what it is all about. I've even debated evolution with creationists, but I have a hard time keeping my temper in check when listening to them, so I don't do that anymore.

One of the scariest things about AiG is that they are HUGE organizers of homeschooling everywhere. I came home the other day to find one of their flyers advertising a home school organization event here in Oklahoma city on my kitchen counter.

My wife, who is still very Christian and wants to homeschool our two boys, had saved it and was considering attending. So since then I've done some research on this organization, both because of the home school thing and for some posts on my blog, and boy is it scary!

This is one area where I've just had to put my foot down with the wife and tell her no way in hell my kids are gonna be homeschooled, especially on curriculum from these guys!