Goodbye Jesus

Empty.

quinntar

Why does your god seem to remain aloof when I call on him. He doesn't make himself real enough to me to go on anything, is there a reason why? I have searched out this god with my whole heart, but I end up empty.

• Super Moderator

It's pretty much the same reason you might come up empty if you spend your whole life looking for a pink unicorn that shits rainbows.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's pretty much the same reason you might come up empty if you spend your whole life looking for a pink unicorn that shits rainbows.

"This time for sure" The Christian has to say. I hate how they are always right without the slightest bit of foresight. 

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, sunstring said:

"This time for sure" The Christian has to say. I hate how they are always right without the slightest bit of foresight. 

Indeed.  Something about repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunstring said:

I hate how they are always right without the slightest bit of foresight. 

Major pet peeve and annoyance!

When attempting to inject some reason, sanity, and facts into the "discussion" some xtians will simply raise their voice and exclaim "Because it is!" or "Because is says so in the Bible!"

Then they walk off or turn away satisfied that they have "won" the argument. 

I would not give a rodent's behind except for the fact they they impact our daily lives through politics and social pressure. 

• Thanks 1

Even if there's a god, it's not like they can really know what are the performative steps you have to take to form a connection to god. Perhaps they're innocent and it's simple for them, but for a more mature and worldly mind twisted enough to comprehend scheming, the same steps simply won't take you there.

2 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

Even if there's a god, it's not like they can really know what are the performative steps you have to take to form a connection to god. Perhaps they're innocent and it's simple for them, but for a more mature and worldly mind twisted enough to comprehend scheming, the same steps simply won't take you there.

Let's say there is a God or "Creator" of our known universe. Why did it create thing's this way? Was there no other way to make a universe, a universe that can be deadly. A universe where a species can threaten it's own natural environment.

30 minutes ago, sunstring said:

Let's say there is a God or "Creator" of our known universe. Why did it create thing's this way? Was there no other way to make a universe, a universe that can be deadly. A universe where a species can threaten it's own natural environment.

Stop right there. Why suppose God is Creator? This looks like a 'personal connection' kind of topic.

11 minutes ago, ToHellWithMe said:

Stop right there. Why suppose God is Creator? This looks like a 'personal connection' kind of topic.

Or creator's, wink, wink.

Proverbs 10:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 He who winks with the eye causes trouble,
But a prating fool will fall.