Goodbye Jesus

Complete List Of Messianic Prophesies?

mwc

When browsing around the net (and back when I was in the church) I heard of some 300+ prophecies that were supposedly fulfilled by jesus. I've done some searching and I can only find around 60 or so and all the sites seems to have about the same ones. They say that a complete list would be difficult to produce for some reason but to make the claim I would think that this list exists somewhere shouldn't it? I imagine, like most xian claims, it's just a rumor that grew out of control (basically there should be at least 300 prophecies if they were to really sit down a pick apart the bible or something like that). I've looked at most of the prophecies that I could find (mainly Psalms) and so far they're nothing but junk. David sings his song and the parts that show he is truly human are about David and the one line that matches the gospels, well, that's jesus (it's the context game we're always accused of but, at least most folks I've read, don't need to play since the bible is its own worst enemy when taken in context and all).

So does anyone have a copy or a site(s) that actually possesses this master list?

It would also be a bonus if I could find all the Jewish messianic prophecies as well (since the xians seem to conveniently forget them).

mwc

yeah ive seen the different lists... it's the most retarded thing ive ever read. here's some sites:

Over 300 Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled

Prophecies of the OT Fulfilled [this one actually says 1,093 were fulfilled]

300 Prophecies

but you can tell for yourself the claims have no basis whatsofreakinever!!! anyone can pick passages from the bible and say martha stewart fulfilled them:

Martha Stewart Fulfills OT Prophecy

By the way, an excellent resource that debunks the supposed prophecies mentioned in the gospels is Thomas Paine's "Examination of the Prophecies."

This website has a few really good essays on unfullfilled prophecies and prophets. It's from the jewish perspective on christianity.

Thanks for the references everyone. Looks like I've got some reading to do. ;)

mwc