Goodbye Jesus

Thank GOD I found this... Lol

LizJackson

Okay, left "The Message"...the "TRUE MESSAGE! THE ONLY TRUE MESSAGE" as taught by the 20th Century prophet, in my early 20's. Became ALMOST an atheist... Then found my own path of Spiritualism & New Age malarkey, which has fulfilled me. 😀

I completely enjoy the belief "salad" I have made...much to the chagrin of my born again family. They believe I practice evil witchcraft... Little do they know! LOL

But according to them, I'm "still saved, so don't worry"....they "claimed me" so I'm "still going to heaven"...because of Jesus...🤤🤤🤤

I've shocked them a couple times with the announcement that I don't believe in hell anyway... I believe in karma...and she's a BITCH! LOL

They really love that stuff. 

I did finally find the nerve to tell them that praying in a restaurant is not only rude & obnoxious to those around them, but also goes against their bible that praying should be done IN PRIVATE, IN YOUR CLOSET. 

I got a head shake from my brothers & a smile & wink from my mom because "Jesus knows my heart"....

And people wonder why I'm crazy.

I told them I don't even believe in the same god they do because their god is angry & wrathful & punishes ppl. My mom even had the nerve to say that my SIL died from breast cancer & left 3 young children behind because she carried anger against my mom.

W. T. F?!? 

So now at the age of 51, 28 years later, I'm finally dating a man who refuses to let me feel anything but equal to him, will stand up to my family in a heartbeat about the way they try to devalue me. My ex was brought up, although not religious, but with the belief that females are here to serve, thanks to his heritage.

I'm bringing up my kids with my "salad" of beliefs, and a couple years of Buddhist morality from a monestary near us. We attended there just to hear teachings of kindness from someone besides myself. 

I'm on antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds. I fight with depression because I feel I cannot trust anyone... That I'm an island, but I don't WANT to be an island! I need to feel like I belong somewhere!

Even after all these years, the backstabbing & judgement from "christians" has taught me a distrust of everyone. 

So glad I've found this forum... The "you might be an ex-christian" thing was cracking me up... And shaking my head at the same time. 

Thank you for this... Humor heals!! 

And so did the documentary movie "Religulous" by Bill Mahr, BTW. 

• Like 6

My first reaction was to laugh and say “bless you child” hahaha! Funny ass shit.

Humor is the way to go in life I truly believe. I recently DEconverted in July 2018 after 19 years of hard corps-fundamental-born again-evangelical-save-the-world-Jesus Christ-Holy Spirit- CHRISTIANITY. I think I’ve been light headed ever since I realized it was horseshit. I’ve basically been on a permanent acid trip ever since. It’s great! People really made this shit up...unfucking believable. What a fascinating revelation.

So, like yourself, I thank God for ex-christian.net lol. 

• Like 1

Welcome, @LizJackson! Trusting people is hard, especially when your very sense of reality has been screwed with! I'm glad to hear you found someone that treats you like an equal! I definitely explored and experimented with my beliefs during my deconversion process. It can be exhilirating!

I love religulous.

Welcome to exC @LizJackson!

Welcome

"Thank God I Found This .......". As soon as I saw that I knew I had to read your introduction. I agree that humor is a great way to handle adversity. Your story was interesting. Welcome aboard, I'm really looking forward to reading more of your thoughts. :beer:

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 10:29 AM, LizJackson said:

I'm on antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds. I fight with depression because I feel I cannot trust anyone... That I'm an island, but I don't WANT to be an island! I need to feel like I belong somewhere!

Even after all these years, the backstabbing & judgement from "christians" has taught me a distrust of everyone. 

I struggle with this, with the distrust. A lifetime of fundamentalism and judgement and watching christians be anything but christian to each other, let alone others, will do that to people. As a result, I find it hard to reach out and get to know people. A lot of former fundamentalists, at least from my sect, are very familiar with the "I am an island but don't want to be" mentality.

Also, you're really lucky to have found someone who treats you like a real equal.

Welcome to Ex-C!

• Like 1

Welcome to Ex-C, @LizJackson.

Sorry you had to endure the mind-fuck but kudos to you for having the courage to think/fight your way out.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

Just want to say Hi. I have had a life of total  hell in every other way,  but one thing I had that helped me get through was a husband who didn't buy into the women are servants and men are the  master of the home, totally in control of everything and everyone crap! Sounds like you found a keeper. Hang on to him good men are hard to find. Or like me just dumb luck accidentally stumbled across a good one at age 20. Didn't know what I had for a lot of years, but that is a long story! :)