Goodbye Jesus

BIBLICAL TRUTH

Weezer

My sarcasm for the day.  Perhaps there is some truth in the creation story.  God reportedly said,  "let us create man in our own image."   That must be where we got our narcissistic ego!  And Trump got one of the largest doses God had to give!!  Maybe he DOES have an inside track with God!

• Haha 2

Every President has to have some narcissistic traits or they wouldn't seek the office and power that comes with it. The media has always attacked and critized every President, Trump is just the first one that is so narcissistic that he fights back. In some ways I find that refreshing, but Trump either doesn't know how to respond tactfully or just doesn't care. The evidence would seem to indicate he just doesn't care how he comes across to other people, and that isn't a good thing when you're the leader of the free world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geezer said:

Every President has to have some narcissistic traits or they wouldn't seek the office

True.  We had a professor in graduate school that said most politicians above the county level ran for office to feed their ego.  A few of us disagreed, but we were young and naive. Through the years I decided he was correct.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not going to comment on another country's president specifically.  But, generally, I've tended to subscribe to the view that says wanting political office should be the basis for being disqualified from holding it.  Certainly seems to hold true in the UK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellinas said:

Well, I'm not going to comment on another country's president specifically.  But, generally, I've tended to subscribe to the view that says wanting political office should be the basis for being disqualified from holding it.  Certainly seems to hold true in the UK.

I tend to think that narcissists are primarily the people that seek political  office, because they seek power & prestige at any cost. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, Weezer said:

My sarcasm for the day.  Perhaps there is some truth in the creation story.  God reportedly said,  "let us create man in our own image."   That must be where we got our narcissistic ego!  And Trump got one of the largest doses God had to give!!  Maybe he DOES have an inside track with God!

Well, as you know, god himself appoints the worlds leaders! How in the world would any leader NOT have an inside track with god? 

But seriously, ego manic's of the priesthood did write, "Let us create man in our image..." Somehow or another the ego factor passed down from bronze age astronomer priests and various sheep shagger's, to the secular politicians who came up after them until today. An invisible deity put them in charge, now bow down and deal with it!

It will be interesting when we finally start getting open atheist or agnostic presidents in the US. I don't see how the ego factor would change, but at least the divine mandate aspect would finally be finished.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

It will be interesting when we finally start getting open atheist or agnostic presidents in the US.

What - you mean right after we all win 10 million each in the lotto? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

Well, as you know, god himself appoints the worlds leaders! How in the world would any leader NOT have an inside track with god? 

But seriously, ego manic's of the priesthood did write, "Let us create man in our image..." Somehow or another the ego factor passed down from bronze age astronomer priests and various sheep shagger's, to the secular politicians who came up after them until today. An invisible deity put them in charge, now bow down and deal with it!

It will be interesting when we finally start getting open atheist or agnostic presidents in the US. I don't see how the ego factor would change, but at least the divine mandate aspect would finally be finished.....

Won't happen. It's called vote buying. 

On 11/11/2018 at 3:13 AM, Ellinas said:

"No man should be in politics unless he would honestly rather not be there." - Henry Adams

• Thanks 1

I won't be a part of any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1