Goodbye Jesus

Bible Contradictions

Pariah

SkepticOfBible,

Jesus was quite a common name back in those days as you probably know. And Josephus(?) the most well known historian of the time doesn't even mention Jesus or his disciples. He does mention in his accounts a bunch of other militant messiahs that were roaming the area at the time. Personally, I think Jesus did exist as an individual, but his influence wasn't that great during the period in which he lived.

Another wierd text Gen 6:4. (Angels mating with women and making giants. :dumbo: )

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [angels] came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

BTW may I remind you and others, a lot of us are questioning whether he existed at all.

So discussing that Jesus may been a militant means that you are assuming that he was actually real.

What do you and Fonkey think?Did he exist?

I could give a great many number of answers to that question, all depending on what is meant by the words "Jesus" and "exist." So instead of a yes or a no, I will say that I believe there was a wandering jewish teacher named Joshua (Greek version: Jesus) who was crucified, and whose followers eventually became known as Christians.

However, I realize I'm not particularly well-researched in these areas, and most of my perspectives on the Historical Jesus come from members of the Jesus seminar (namely, Spong, Borg, & Funk)