Goodbye Jesus

Ipb Warnings

Entgegen

Man, it really sucks when you get a bunch of IPB warnings at the top of the website you're at. I'm not sure what they're there for, or what they do, but it's kinda' makin' things run a little crappy. Sorry about the rant, just taking advantage of the situation. :grin:

Yeah, I'm getting them too. The shoutbox seems to work, but you have to refresh the screen.

A curse on these IPB! A curse I say! It must be the agents of darkness (i.e. fundies) praying for our wretched souls. :HaHa: I'm sure Dave will have that fixed soon. *throws in a spell*

Huh. Okay. Glad I'm not seeing things up there... and is anybody else having issues with the type on this page being really, really big?

Heh, I kind of don't actually mind the big type; it makes stuff easier to read...

Huh. Okay. Glad I'm not seeing things up there... and is anybody else having issues with the type on this page being really, really big?

Heh, I kind of don't actually mind the big type; it makes stuff easier to read...

I'm getting the Ipb warnings myself too.

EDIT: Also--I keep getting messages of a blocked trojan virus everytime I go to the main page of the forum.

If you like it that way you can increase the browser's font in the menu View/Text size.

Hope that helps :)

i kept getting a low virtual memory message what is that? its not doing it anymore.

Hey Willybilly! I guess I'm the tech support for the day, lol... here's what it is...

Your motherboard can only hold so much memory and to prevent crashes due to insuffiencient memory allocation. Windows (or whatever OS) reserves a small space (less than a gig) on your hard drive as a back up for memory. When the memory slots are full the motherboard can still process data by swapping it back and forth between the drive and paging unrequested data there.

The warning appaers when your RAM and that reserve space are almost full. If it fills up completely your programs could start crashing because they can't get any more memory from the system.

You can do three things to correct the problem :

1. Increase the virtual memory size,

2. Only open what you need or

3. Buy more RAM.

To increase the VM just go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab/Performance Settings/Advanced tab/ . There should be something about the Virtural Memory at the bottom of the window with a "Change" button. Try adding the as much as your RAM to it.(i.e. If you have 512MB of RAM, add 512MB to the paging file size). The best solution of course is to add some more RAM. I don't know what your computer's specs are but I find that a gig does wonder on performance. Also, if you can, check if your motherboard supports DDR (double data rate) ram.

Your technician in the Lard,

DH :HaHa:

The IPB warnings have vanished. All's normal on the ex-Christian front--for the moment.

i found all that but how do you change it? avg removed a bunch of viruses i havent seen the alert on virtual memory since then.

Hey Willybilly! I guess I'm the tech support for the day, lol... here's what it is...

Your motherboard can only hold so much memory and to prevent crashes due to insuffiencient memory allocation. Windows (or whatever OS) reserves a small space (less than a gig) on your hard drive as a back up for memory. When the memory slots are full the motherboard can still process data by swapping it back and forth between the drive and paging unrequested data there.

The warning appaers when your RAM and that reserve space are almost full. If it fills up completely your programs could start crashing because they can't get any more memory from the system.

You can do three things to correct the problem :

1. Increase the virtual memory size,

2. Only open what you need or

3. Buy more RAM.

To increase the VM just go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab/Performance Settings/Advanced tab/ . There should be something about the Virtural Memory at the bottom of the window with a "Change" button. Try adding the as much as your RAM to it.(i.e. If you have 512MB of RAM, add 512MB to the paging file size). The best solution of course is to add some more RAM. I don't know what your computer's specs are but I find that a gig does wonder on performance. Also, if you can, check if your motherboard supports DDR (double data rate) ram.

Your technician in the Lard,

DH :HaHa:

Hmm.. it probably was the viruses clogging up your memory so you don't really need to change your VM settings. But if you still want to add some VM click the Change button, choose Custom and augment the maximum size of the VM. But make sure you at least have the recommend amount of VM (it's indicated at the bottom of the window). However remember that's space windows might use so you gotta have it on your hard drive.