Goodbye Jesus

WTF, YouTube?!?!?!

Fweethawt

So I wake up today to find that all of my YouTube watch history, watch later list and all subscriptions have been wiped from my account as if they never existed. And now my home screen is cluttered with a bunch of random shit that I'm not even interested in!

WTF, YouTube? WT fucking fuck?!?!

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Hm. Any possibility your account has been hacked? I'd change the password right away and also on any other account that uses the same password.

2 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

So I wake up today to find that all of my YouTube watch history, watch later list and all subscriptions have been wiped from my account as if they never existed. And now my home screen is cluttered with a bunch of random shit that I'm not even interested in!

Did it sign you out? And you have to sign back in? 

That happened to me a little while ago. It was the same. All this random shit came up and I was like, WTF? Then saw I wasn't signed in automatically. 

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

Did it sign you out? And you have to sign back in? 

That happened to me a little while ago. It was the same. All this random shit came up and I was like, WTF? Then saw I wasn't signed in automatically. 

I have two different YouTube accounts. Before I fell asleep today i plugged in my ear buds and, within YouTube, I hit play on an 8 hr. binaural beats video to help me sleep.

When I woke up (early), I was signed out of the account I use frequently and somehow signed in to the account I rarely use. 

Then, when I signed back in to my usual account, it was as if it was new. No watched history, subscriptions or anything.

6 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Sounds like a database glitch.  You might be able to contact support and they may be able to restore an older backup of your account if they have one.  It may not be entirely up to date but it may be better than nothing.  This all depends on how their backend works but it's worth a shot.

mwc

Sounds like either connection/db issues on the server-side (will fix themselves, usually within hours) or that you've switched to your google account instead of your youtube account (I think you automatically have both). You can check for the latter by clicking your profile pic and choosing "Switch account".

8 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

I have two different YouTube accounts. Before I fell asleep today i plugged in my ear buds and, within YouTube, I hit play on an 8 hr. binaural beats video to help me sleep.

When I woke up (early), I was signed out of the account I use frequently and somehow signed in to the account I rarely use. 

Then, when I signed back in to my usual account, it was as if it was new. No watched history, subscriptions or anything.

Now that is weird. 

So here it is a day or so later and I decided to log out and log back in. Everything's back to where it was before this ship bomb started.

Again I ask; WTF, YouTube?!?!?