Goodbye Jesus

I'm back again

ChelseaGuy

I'm back again and just wanted to re-introduce myself after a while. I live in the Northeastern part of the US, raised Catholic but no longer has much faith anymore. I wouldn't call myself an atheist as an ex-Chr though. I don't call myself anything. I think that the deist idea that there was God who created our universe and left us alone after that makes a nice point. I admit that God does not allow something to happen or not to happen from a practical point, but before I was very angry at the "theoretical" God that most Christians believe in because I was dealt some of my own shit and personal disappointment in this life.

And this is the beginning for another topic, but I have lost appetite for the typical Christian idea of Heaven/Hell after our world ends. Even if I was "supposed" to look forward to going to Heaven, I now feel like there is nothing compelling me when I remind myself of the true "spiritual" nature of the doctrine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, glad you came back for another look. I hope you find this site helpful. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2018 at 8:10 PM, ChelseaGuy said:

And this is the beginning for another topic, but I have lost appetite for the typical Christian idea of Heaven/Hell after our world ends. Even if I was "supposed" to look forward to going to Heaven, I now feel like there is nothing compelling me when I remind myself of the true "spiritual" nature of the doctrine.

Welcome back! 

Agreed, nothing compelling to me either. Not about any of it. These are mainly ripped off mythological concepts, hijacked and presented as if they are originals. If they're not compelling in their pagan forms (death, resurrection, heavens, hell, etc.)  I have wonder why they'd be any more compelling in their christian form?