Goodbye Jesus

Disappointed

garrisonjj

I am disappointed that more members did not respond to my "blasphmey" and "holy week" posts. I am seeking your advice. Please check em out and give advice! Thanks, gary

I am disappointed that more members did not respond to my "blasphmey" and "holy week" posts. I am seeking your advice. Please check em out and give advice! Thanks, gary

Which forum? Might save folks some time.

Many posters might be like me; I don't get online every day and may not have time to view every new post or query, so I have to skip around and pick out titles that jar my interest. Some people may also feel they have no answer for your question; for example, I originally didn't reply to your Holy Week post because that observance wasn't a part of my church background. In fact, my former denomination was started at a time when many protestant Americans were solidly anti-catholic, and even anti-liturgical. All we celebrated was Maundy Thursday (footwashing service) and Easter (now they call it "Resurrection Sunday." :rolleyes: ) So I figured the members who had liturgical backgrounds would have more help for you. In any case, don't worry; people do read your posts but may not have the time or answers for you at the moment.

I also don't read every single post, not enough time in the day for that and I don't want to get in trouble at work. I tend to read the ones with titles that catch my eye.

So please don't worry, a lot of people probably do the same thing.

i never really felt the guilt you did when i left church the way i seen it i just found another version of god i liked better. but your athiest right? i guess the best advice i could give to athiests is theirs no proof of god so why worry about it. has god showed up on your doorstep and told you what religion to follow i bet not. god has never told the whole world what to believe, never showed what it looked like if it did then their wouldnt be any athiests. athiests existing is proof to me beyond a shadow of doubt god never told anybody anything. but we could say this if theirs a god then god made you so your exactly how it wanted you too be nobody makes something they dont want. read the topics in the lions den they helped me alot. read all the topics on these forums and search for ones on stuff you want to know about. it helps. i will look at your posts i never been catholic or athiest but ill try to give some advice.

Garrison, guilt is a self imposed preception, not something that external factors can ever really accomplish without your consent. You need to give yourself permission to release this guilt and start embracing your life in a very full and fulfilling way.

I know this whole vista is new to you; however, as you get to know yourself in a different light, you will become more at home with what is going on with your spirituality and continue to grow in your own time.

Our experiences are going to be vastly different sheerly because we are all individuals and thus, process information in a very different way from you -- not saying that any one way is right vs. wrong -- in fact, far from it. Common threads like residual guilt etc. do play a part in some while in not for others.

I never experienced "religious guilt" because I don't allow myself to succomb to those kinds of enforced sanctions that make no bearing on my life or how I live it.