Goodbye Jesus

so sick of facebook :P

Derek

I have religious family members and friends on facebook, and this time of year they start whining about "Jesus" being the "reason for the season", and "it's merry christmas, not happy holidays" and so on, and so forth. I am getting so tired of this bullshit. They talk about people getting offended when they say merry Christmas, but the only people I see whining and getting offended are Christians when someone says "happy holidays". I have very politely offered my point of view--that a friendly greeting should be returned in kind, however it is worded--and now I think they believe I'm some kind of demon, or something. Not that I care...maybe I can scare them with my evil, demonic nature. :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Super Moderator

Yeah, some of those people I fuck with and others I just delete or ignore. Facebook (and everything else) is here for my entertainment!

• Like 2

You just can't win with these kinds of people. I make a point of not even having them on Facebook. I can only take so much whining. And I never need to worry about what people think about my views on FB since none of them are friends with me.

• Like 2

Unfollow, unfollow, unfollow, and then unfollow some more.

Not worth any space in your rational mind.

• Like 2

You guys may be right. Problem is, one of the preachy types happens to be my brother. We used to be quite close. We could have an intellectual conversation about science, astronomy, space travel, and other nerd topics. But then, a few years ago, the christian noose fell around his neck and stopped the bloodflow to his brain. All he thinks about now is that damned cult. I mourn his loss. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

" But then, a few years ago, the christian noose fell around his neck and stopped the bloodflow to his brain."

Hilarious and sadly accurate at the same time.  Love it!

• Like 1

I don't have any of my religious family on FB, and I'm not worried about their feelings about it. 

Why be on FB in the first place? I don't use it and I get along just fine without it.

Well, there isn't anything preventing you from deleting your profile.

Let it go, Derek.  There is a whole world out here of real flesh and blood people you can actually see and hear when you talk to them!  I deleted my profile years ago and have no regrets.

I still have facebook too and it’s mostly for three things now. 

1) Reading the Navy Times

2) Trolling AiG

3) Making sure no one is hurt, sick or dead (it’s my families primary platform of communication) 

There is no hope for those in it. The echo chamber reverberates so loudly that nothing short of turning off FB’s server farms could interrupt it. My aunt is so deep in the echo chamber that she literally believes a child can be arrested and thrown in prison for walking into a school while holding a bible. 

• Haha 1

I see FB, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms as major forces that have shifted billions of people into narcissism. It's all about the poster, with unlimited selfies and inane comments about their latest adventures. There is much more to life than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sick of gmail, Facebook and everything like YouTube right now.. because I was subscribed to hundreds of Christian stuff and I’m bombarded with it daily. I have no energy to unsubscribe to them all. Get daily “memories” on Facebook of Christian stuff I posted, daily devotional..etc. I don’t know what to do.... 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, Derek said:

I have religious family members and friends on facebook, and this time of year they start whining about "Jesus" being the "reason for the season"

linus-truth-1-1.jpg

• Like 2