Goodbye Jesus

Televangelists

Derek

The televangelist has to be one of the lowest forms of life on this planet. The lowlifes rake in millions, if not billions of dollars every year, TAX FREE, might I add, all thanks to the gullibility of their television audience. Unfortunately, my own mother is a devout christian. Every time I visit her, she's watching some asshole wearing a 5000$ suit asking for donations. I remind her that these "people" are not doing good work, but I don't think I have convinced her. I just hope she doesn't send them anything.

A few years back on a Sunday morning, I was flipping channels as usual (we had basic cable at the time lol) and I landed on a show hosted by a certain lowlife televangelist who shall remain nameless. I decided, out of curiosity, to stay on that channel for a minute, just to hear what he had to say. The first and only words I heard coming from his sewage-spewing mouth were, "...please, send as much as you can...". Needless to say, I went back to flipping channels.

The End. :)

• Like 6

They ask for money almost as much as Ex-C! ;) ((Yes, yes, I’ll buy you a coffee later))

I had a co-worker who had, for a time, got sucked into the Wealth and Prosperity gospel and followed a charlitan for years, giving him money. He finally had his eye-opening moment when he went to a live event with the evangelist and noticed his wife had tens of thousands in rocks hanging off her. He said that at one point the evangelist stopped speaking and said that god forbid him from saying another word until he had sold a stack of Bibles on stage for $20k per. 

And people rushed the stage to buy them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is truly sickening that these evil little shits can make so much money out of their imbecilic followers!

• Like 4

Back in the day of broadcast TV we had channel 40 here in Irvine, CA that was dedicated to the scum-sucking shit-bags of the televangelist industry. A friend broke in one night and rearranged the furniture and other props that we in place in the middle of a days long taping. I don't condone this behavior but I took some satisfaction in that. 

BTW: Did PTL stand for praise the lard network or Pay for Tammie's Liposuction network? 

Oh, and while we're on the subject of Jim and Tammie Baker, remember when that prick got caught having relations with another man? He had the gall to take to the airwaves, call himself a sinner and, in a tear infested rant, actually told the audience that they needed to give even MORE $$ so that God/jesus/whoever would deliver him from his sin. That, my friends, is the lowest of the low.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOHO said:

BTW: Did PTL stand for praise the lard network or Pay for Tammie's Liposuction network? 

Lmao :D I remember seeing her on tv during the aftermath...mascara running all down her plastic face...funniest shit on tv at the time. :D

• Haha 2

I did meet Jim and Tammie’s son, Jay, at a youth conference once. Seemed a nice enough guy. He was still a preacher but kind of distanced himself from his parents ministry. He did not ask for money but he did write a book he advertised so 🤷‍♂️

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&q=Jay+Bakker&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MDI3tTQuesToyi3w8sc9YSmbSWtOXmM04-IKzsgvd80rySypFNLgYoOy5Lj4pJC0aTBI8XAh8XkA3Gs8tlYAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiD2tfUmK3fAhVk7IMKHSukDEgQgYUCKAAwCHoECA0QRA&biw=375&bih=748

I've heard it said that good atheists become humanists and do good for their communities, but bad atheists become televangelists and scam the gullible. I do believe there is some truth to that.

Even as a Christian, I saw through the scumbag televangelists. The only TV preacher I watched regularly was Charles Stanley, but he didn't beg for money or perform fake miracles or preach the blab-it-grab-it gospel like the scumbags do.

• Like 1

One of the things that grinds my gears the most is the sheer ignorance of their audience. They believe every word that the evil shit on the stage is saying, then they give him their money! I mean can't any of them see that he's wearing an Italian suit and that his house is worth millions? And maybe he has more than one house? How gullible are people? I'm in the wrong profession...then again, I have a conscience.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Burnedout said:

I believe that L.Ron Hubbard once said that one of the easiest ways to get rich is to start a religion.  I know I misquoted it, but I am sure you know what I mean. ;)

Yup...scientology does seem to be doing quite well financially. Members are required to sign billion year contracts and are under constant surveillance. Yet, people STILL hand over money to them. Gullible is too civil a word.

Them and street preachers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aries256 said:

Them and street preachers

Oh, yeah; let's not forget the street preachers.

Televangelists may be worse for begging for money, but at least you can easily turn them off. Street preachers can be extremely annoying if you have to get past them or, worse yet, work or for some other reason have to be near where they are spouting their garbage. 

There's also another difference. I think that televangelists are worse with regard to most of them being charlatans, but most street preachers probably really believe the nonsense they spew, meaning they're more gullible and/or more indoctrinated.

• Like 2

Those tv evangelists are the biggest con men..but they do it well. 

• Like 1