Goodbye Jesus

"Bandersnatch" movie on Netflix

Fuego

It's an interesting concept-movie, based on 1980s adventure games and how our lives sometimes feel like a game that someone else is controlling. Throughout the movie, the viewer makes choices for the main character by clicking on two possible options (assumes you have a mouse or control-pad). The movie is about a programmer who is designing just such a game, so it sort of loops-in on itself. Eventually, the programmer becomes aware that someone is making him go certain directions in life. Some choices which seem minor lead to death, some to funny fight scenes.

It isn't as deeply thought-out as an actual adventure game, but was more of a proof-of-concept in the new digital movie world. They did nail the look of the 1980s, and some flashback scenes to the late 1960s-1970s. "Bandersnatch" is the title on Netflix.

Had my first watch-through last night. I was amazed that something like this could be done.

I saw the fight scene, too! Ha-ha!

I'm looking forward to watching my wife go through it.

I spread my experience of this movie like wildfire at work and turned a lot of people on to it.

I think that somehow the Netflix system knows whether or not it is being viewed on equipment modern enough to utilize the interactive function though. I say this because when I mentioned this to a couple of people who had already watched it , they had no idea what I was talking about when I was explaining the interactive feature. Apparently, the movie just plays out like a regular movie on older televisions. I watched it on my phone so, I had no trouble at all doing it. Once I got home, I pulled the movie up on my television set and, since my television is only a year old, I was easily able to use the remote to take part in the interactive function. It's pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to watching it again and trying new choices to see how the movie plays out. I heard that there are several different endings depending on the choices you make.

And I'm definitely looking forward to more programs being made this way. I think it's a genius idea. It gives shows a high replayability rating. For sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.