Goodbye Jesus

Appalling Christian Tv Programs..

Guest exodus

Guest shonta

Hello. I'm new :wave:

I live in Finland and Im hooked on watching the Finnish Christian tv channel online :blink: . It is fascinating I tell you!!

This week I watched this program that was just of a Christian man (might be pastor but he works for the church anyway) being interviewed (well, sort of) by a Christian (duh, it's a Christian channel!!) woman. And the topic was... demons! And this guy starts to explain how if something terrible happens, like a murder, it's DEMONS that are behind it. Demons are real beings, he says. He said when an animal attacks and kills a human, it is a DEMON that has gone into the animal. (He was talking of domestic animals like horses and cows.)

So at this point Im going "Whatta hell?" I mean, I could not believe that this guy is saying all this as "fact" on tv! In 2006! And all the interviewer did was nod her head and basically agree with everything he said, quietly whispering "yes, yes" as the dude went on. :banghead:

I was sickened. This channel has absolutely no self-criticism. They show frigging Benny Hinn!!!

And Im not saying that this man shouldn't have the right to say these things (I believe in freedom of speech blah blah blah). But that there's no one to question him about it. Not even another Christian, someone who may NOT believe in demons.

I just get so frustrated sometimes. But what can I do... :shrug:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I just get so frustrated sometimes. But what can I do... :shrug:

You just did it. Welcome

So at this point Im going "Whatta hell?"
Is this really how they say it over in Finland, or was that a typo? :grin:

I hope it wasn't a typo, because I find that to be very funny. :lmao:

"Whatta hell?"..... :HaHa:

I live in Finland and Im hooked on watching the Finnish Christian tv channel online :blink: . It is fascinating I tell you!!

Hwi! You're Finnish!? Yippee! I am half Finnish and I have been looking forever online for someone to talk to. Are you a Finnish citizen or a student studying abroad? I would love to hear about your experiences. Welcome to the forum!

Yes, those Christian televangelists are crazy, greedy, and entertaining. ;)

Hey, welcome to our pad.

You should see what we have to suffer over here - gawd help us - whatta hell!

:ugh:

Hi Shonta,

We are neighbors. I live in St Pete. It's only about 4 hours from Helsinki. Welcome to the board.

That's how my wife says it to. She has only been speaking English for the past six years so I think that's how she hears it.

Nice one, Chef. ;)

As for you, shonta, it's always a source of amusement(or aggrivation and much loud music) that Christian channels(and chat rooms, forums, web sites, books, discussion groups, sex parties, it goes on) pose only their own point of view.

The term 'stagnent pond' leaps to mind.

Merlin

You should see what we have to suffer over here - gawd help us - whatta hell! :ugh:
That's how my wife says it to. She has only been speaking English for the past six years so I think that's how she hears it.
:lmao:

Man, that cracks me up! :grin:

I think I'm going to start saying it like that just for the fun sound of it. :HaHa:

Welcome, Shonta!

I was sickened. This channel has absolutely no self-criticism. They show frigging Benny Hinn!!!

Christians? Self-criticize? Bwaahaahaahaa! :lmao: That would require too much thinking and questioning on their part. Much easier to just paste a toothy grin on their faces, bob their heads up and down like those figurines in a back car window, and say "Yes, that's true, in the name of Jesus! Praise His Holy name!"

Guest shonta

Thanks for all your welcomes and replies :) . I'm very happy to be here. I've been visiting Exchristian.net for a long time and I love it.

To Pandora, yes I'm Finnish :58:

And Fweethawt, it wasn't a typo. I was surprised you found the spelling odd. I mean, if you google "whatta hell" you'll get 10,400 results. There's a lot of us spelling it like that ;) . I'm glad you found it funny though. Just so you know, English is not my first language so I'm bound to make mistakes when I post (this one was not a mistake!).

By the way, I watched that pastor's program again last night and he talked about how it's God's will that the husband is the head of the family. I just wanted to explode. This time it really sunk in for me that of course the men writing the Bible would write it so that they can be in charge. And Jewish people are god's "chosen" people because a long time ago some Jewish guy wanted it to be so. Or something. I've been ex-christian for a few years already but it seems I still have some deprogramming to do. :mellow: