Goodbye Jesus

DC movies

Wertbag

Recently I've been working my way through the DC movies. I had heard a lot of negative comments but thought as a comic book fan I might be more of the target audience. Have to say it was a mixed bag but none really wowed me. 

Batman vs Superman - long drawn out story with very little actually happening. The conflict they tried to build felt very forced and while I liked the cast (wasn't sure if I'd like Ben Afleck as Batman but thought he was good) the story was lame. 4/10, wouldn't recommend it. 

Justice League - good effects, couple of funny moments when superman and flash compare speed, rubbish story, superman carries a building which just left me thinking wtf. Watchable but not great 6/10, recommended if its on for free. 

Suicide Squad - a few funny moments especially Harley Quinn's crazy comments, no idea why Harley Quinn is included in a fighting force when she has no skills or powers. Long movie for not a lot of action, some good effects but another bad story. Dull with the odd laugh 5/10

Aquaman - Jason Mamoa is perfect for the role, effects are great, lots of action including some great fight scenes, a few strange things occur like aquaman using a sub to get around when he could swim ten times faster, or finding a lost world of dinosaurs inside the hollow earth but certainly the best DC movie and well worth a watch if you are a fan of the character, genre or action movies. 7/10.

I would say I now understand the negative comments a lot better, but would say many take their hatred of the movies too far. None of them were bad enough to make me rage but certainly none good enough that I'd go back for a second round. I remain firmly a Marvel fan boy. 

Concur, though I didn't actually watch any of those but Batman vs Superman. The whole premise of that one seemed stupid. Batman has no superpowers, just good tech and muscle.

Harley is always included for the sexy aspect. Revs my Harley...

So you skipped over the best one. That would be Wonder Woman.

I like all the superhero movies. Marvel and DC alike. However, I have to admit I like the Marvel movies better.

The worst of the newer Marvel movies would be Venom. Now that movie was complete trash. I will watch any of the DC movies again and again before I will ever watch Venom a second time.

The reviews that I read for Aquaman said that it was just as good as Wonder Woman or the Christian Bale Batman movies. So when I went into the theaters, having this in mind, I was disappointed to find that the movie did not get to be as good as those. However, Aquaman is my second favorite DC movie under Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

Ah, I did see Wonder Woman and liked it a lot. I didn't realize it was a DC movie.

12 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

The worst of the newer Marvel movies would be Venom

I haven't seen Venom but have seen the bad reviews, what did you dislike about it? 

10 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

I haven't seen Venom but have seen the bad reviews, what did you dislike about it? 

Believe it or not -- Tom Hardy's performance.

I know he's not the one that wrote the script so, he's not really to blame. But, his part and lines were so bad that I actually felt embarrassed for him. I really like Tom Hardy so, to see him do a role like that was heavily disappointing.

I've never really followed the Venom character in the comic books. But as far as I know, he didn't end up being a  somewhat likeable character personality-wise. Am I wrong? Does venom actually take orders or instructions from its host? I don't know. But seeing it happen in the movie was just stupid in my opinion.

In the story wasn't that great either.

13 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

I know he's not the one that wrote the script so, he's not really to blame.

That's how I felt about the Catwoman movie with Halle Berry. I thought she was in perfect form and has great acting ability, but the story was sooo meh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.