Goodbye Jesus

The Way A Christian Mind Works

xrayman7040

Last night I was watching ABC's 20/20. There was a very moving story about two twin babies both born with heart defects. The both needed heart transplants. The parents were obviously very religious. One of the babies finally got a heart during the story. Of course I knew eventually God was going to start getting all these praises for all the great miralces that happened with this baby. They stated how they trusted God so much through all this. Of course for their baby to get a new heart, another had to die, which makes it a tainted miracle at best. A true miracle would be if the heart just healed itself. How the fuck can people give praises to this supposedly all powerful being who let this shit happen in the first place? All mighty God can never make a mistake I guess.

The answer is simple Christian minds have been programmed block out and ignore all negative occurrences and focus on all positive occurrences. Anything positive remaining is automatically seen as the work of their God.

The answer is simple Christian minds have been programmed block out and ignore all negative occurrences and focus on all positive occurrences. Anything positive remaining is automatically seen as the work of their God.

Exactly, very well put. And you know these people were praying evey day during the pregnancy that their newborns would be wonderful healthy children, and of course it didn't work too well.

it's part of living in the matrix. the world that's been pulled over their eyes.

ain't ignorance grand?

Guest Christ

Shouldn't these parents be thanking the doctor's and not god? If it wasn't for these heart surgeons (who spent half their lives in medical school), none of these "miracles" would take place. When are people going to get the fucking concept that PEOPLE MAKE MIRACLES. It is the people that make things happen, not some intangible ethereal figure in the sky that is willing things to happen. If that were the case, why does anyone need to go to medical school? Everyone can be a heart surgeon. God will move your hand for you. *sigh* So if the scalpel of the surgeon slips and the kid dies, what? The devil did it?

People are so friggin gullible. Un-friggin-believable.

Hi,

Im also tempted to try to find the sense in christian thinking but we never will. It is so warped and contradictory.

Like someone here said they are simply brainwashed. They have been brainwashed to accept that God is loving and when something good happens it is gods will and when something bad happens it is the devils. When they start to question the sense in things they are told not to question, to have faith and that god works in mysterious ways.

To us that use our brains, it is so obvious that its all a crock of shit but these are people that are taught to have blind trust and not to think.

Speaking of the devil, apparently he is Gods right hand man. Ive heard that God uses the devil to test peoples faith in God. Why do christians think the devil is evil if he is working for God. I could be wrong on this. I havent read the bible. I heard that from someone else on this site.

chritians=spiritual/emotional infancy

Damn do I feel grown up suddenly... :)

There was a very moving story about two twin babies both born with heart defects. The both needed heart transplants. The parents were obviously very religious. One of the babies finally got a heart during the story. How the fuck can people give praises to this supposedly all powerful being who let this shit happen in the first place?

They were twins! What about the one who didn't get a heart? How the hell do they rationalize that into God's will?

Hi,

Im also tempted to try to find the sense in christian thinking but we never will. It is so warped and contradictory.

Like someone here said they are simply brainwashed. They have been brainwashed to accept that God is loving and when something good happens it is gods will and when something bad happens it is the devils. When they start to question the sense in things they are told not to question, to have faith and that god works in mysterious ways.

To us that use our brains, it is so obvious that its all a crock of shit but these are people that are taught to have blind trust and not to think.

Speaking of the devil, apparently he is Gods right hand man. Ive heard that God uses the devil to test peoples faith in God. Why do christians think the devil is evil if he is working for God. I could be wrong on this. I havent read the bible. I heard that from someone else on this site.

God allows Satan to test you if you screw up or just to see how faithful you are to him. Then there is the Satanic attacks on Christians by causing doubt, and doubt (i.e. using your brain) is a Satanic attack. They also think that Satan messes with Christians the most because he's pissed at them for being Christians. Since unbelievers are on Satan's side than Satan doesn't bother with them as much, but then because unbelievers are not under god's protection they are vulnerable to Satan's attacks.

Do you see anything wrong with this thinking?

Guest GenVIUU

Unfortunately for all of us, human beings tend to accept most readily that which reinforces a belief they already hold. This is true for believers of all types, Christians, Jews, Scientologists, people who take mega doses of vitamins. Madison Avenue has piles of research on this. Therefore many of us will attempt through various means to shape the data to fit our preconcieved ideas and beliefs, including ignoring it. Most people don't want the truth. Despite their protestations, what they really want is reassurance. No matter how outlandish, unsubstantiated or unsupportable, they want to be told that what they already believe is the truth.

Last night I was watching ABC's 20/20. There was a very moving story about two twin babies both born with heart defects. The both needed heart transplants. The parents were obviously very religious. One of the babies finally got a heart during the story. Of course I knew eventually God was going to start getting all these praises for all the great miralces that happened with this baby. They stated how they trusted God so much through all this. Of course for their baby to get a new heart, another had to die, which makes it a tainted miracle at best. A true miracle would be if the heart just healed itself. How the fuck can people give praises to this supposedly all powerful being who let this shit happen in the first place? All mighty God can never make a mistake I guess.