Goodbye Jesus

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Karna

I have been thinking about this movie - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. 

Have you seen this movie?

If you have, here is a question for you - Before they met, if the German kid knew who the Jew kid was and what fate awaited the Jew kid; would the German kid still befriend and maintain a friendship with the Jew kid?

Depends on how much indoctrination, if any, the German boy received from his father. I would like to believe that the German boy would have taken steps to prevent his firend, and himself if this is the movie I think it is, from entering the gas chamber. This is evidenced in how the German boy snuck food from the formal dinner table to he Jewish boy.

52 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Depends on how much indoctrination, if any, the German boy received from his father. I would like to believe that the German boy would have taken steps to prevent his firend, and himself if this is the movie I think it is, from entering the gas chamber. This is evidenced in how the German boy snuck food from the formal dinner table to he Jewish boy.

True. But when the German boy snuck food from the formal dinner table for the Jewish boy, he wasn't aware what fate awaited the Jewish boy.

If you remember, his older sister was openly pro-Hitler and anti-Jewish (although it is not sure if she knew what fate awaited the people in the camps). But with her attitude it would be safe to say she wouldn't have befriended anyone from the camps.

The reason for bringing this up is I kinda find it hard to understand, the more I study the religion, as to how a devout xtian would even want to be and maintain friendships with non believers when their doctrine teaches them that the non believers would be in eternal torment!

I reckon that eternal torment scare tactic is what drives some family members to put so much effort into realing us back in. It causes them much stress and worry and for no reason. This really pisses me off that the jackastical pulpit jockeys drum the fear into the flock with such conviction. That kind of shit is emotional abuse and , if I was not such a free speech advocate, I'd be petitioning the powers that be to outlaw it. 

Anyway, to answer your question, some xtians remain "friends" with us breath'n heathen types because they are compelled to by their doctrine. They are to wrangle us back into the fold in order to prove THEIR devotion and avoid the wrath of their mythical abuser. 

Others are just plain nice, decent folk and are genuinely wanting our friendship. Personally I think they justify away the belief in our fate.