Goodbye Jesus

There are no shortcuts to life

JohnnyWishbone

If I was to play a game of chess with you, and in my mind I knew that I've already won even before the first move was made.

Wouldn't you still lose in my mind, even if you took all my pieces and checkmated my king.

Even if I saw every wrong move I made, even if I saw all my pieces being taken, even if I saw my king cornered and the game end.

Wouldn't I just deny you won the match later, and just say to myself I believe he cheated?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hyperferion said:

If I was to play a game of chess with you, and in my mind I knew that I've already won even before the first move was made.
Wouldn't you still lose in my mind, even if you took all my pieces and checkmated my king.
Even if I saw every wrong move I made, even if I saw all my pieces being taken, even if I saw my king cornered and the game end.
Wouldn't I just deny you won the match later, and just say to myself I believe he cheated?

Yeah,

I agree. I guess you are talking about religious people and their beliefs vs. science, where science easily proves these faiths wrong concerning nearly all their core beliefs and teachings. Unfortunately this mental pillar failing can happen to anyone, religious or not,  who does not try to keep an open mind concerning alternative possibilities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pantheory said:

Yeah,

I agree. I guess you are talking about religious people and their beliefs vs. science, where science easily proves these faiths wrong concerning nearly all their core beliefs and teachings. Unfortunately this mental pillar failing can happen to anyone, religious or not,  who does not try to keep an open mind concerning alternative possibilities.

We live in a world of beliefs, my friend.

• Like 1

We've all heard that phrase: "The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it."

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, older said:

We've all heard that phrase: "The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it."

lol, it's like we are all stuck in a world that's having mass delusional wars.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hyperferion said:

lol, it's like we are all stuck in a world that's having mass delusional wars.

Stuck. Yes.

Not just in religion but politics as well. I often marvel at the "us against them" attitude in so many aspects of our lives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOHO said:

Stuck. Yes.

Not just in religion but politics as well. I often marvel at the "us against them" attitude in so many aspects of our lives.

True true, so, what are we going to do about it? Because their going to drop the A bomb soon, and not because of what they know.

Everywhere I go, I am pummeled by people's wacky beliefs.

Example.

I met this guy a few year's ago who believed his neighbour was sneaking into his house and poisoning his milk. He didn't have any evidence at all, he just accepted that his belief about him was true. He ended up smashing down his neighbours door and almost killing him, just for something he believed was true in his head.

So yes, you don't have to be a Christian to end up a deluded fool.