Goodbye Jesus

Keeping My Easter Holiday

Anakin

Recently I've had some coworkers, who are members of the Jesus cult, make a suggestion

that really pissed me off. They have suggested that I give up my Easter holiday since I don't

believe. You see, I have the most seniority on my shift. They cannot take off since I'm already

off on Easter. They assume that since I am not christian that I wouldn't have a problem

giving up the day and let my faithful coworkers off. The real pisser is that I seldom ever ask

for a holiday off. I have worked many, many holidays so my coworkers could be off. Even on my

favorite holiday, which is Thanksgiving. I generally only take a holiday when my regular day off

happens to fall on that holiday. This year my regular day has fallen on Easter. Of course the

answer they got was "go fuck yourself".

To me these holidays are only about family. I can care less about Jesus and his

supposed res-erection. I love watching my children run around the yard giggling while they

search for Easter eggs. Then we have this big family cookout. Purely family. Nothing more.

My coworkers tried this same bullshit last christmas. They got the same answer.

Anybody else run into this kind of shit?

Nope. I haven't had that problem here. But if I did, I'd be sure to educate them whiners as to where their "Christian Holiday™" originated from.

Spring//Oestre (aka Eastre & Easter)//New Life has been a cause for celebration long before Christianity wrongfully claimed it as their own holiday.

Recently I've had some coworkers, who are members of the Jesus cult, make a suggestion

that really pissed me off. They have suggested that I give up my Easter holiday since I don't

believe. You see, I have the most seniority on my shift. They cannot take off since I'm already

off on Easter. They assume that since I am not christian that I wouldn't have a problem

giving up the day and let my faithful coworkers off. The real pisser is that I seldom ever ask

for a holiday off. I have worked many, many holidays so my coworkers could be off. Even on my

favorite holiday, which is Thanksgiving. I generally only take a holiday when my regular day off

happens to fall on that holiday. This year my regular day has fallen on Easter. Of course the

answer they got was "go fuck yourself".

To me these holidays are only about family. I can care less about Jesus and his

supposed res-erection. I love watching my children run around the yard giggling while they

search for Easter eggs. Then we have this big family cookout. Purely family. Nothing more.

My coworkers tried this same bullshit last christmas. They got the same answer.

Anybody else run into this kind of shit?

I'm raising my hand here in sympathy. I think I posted on the board here when my boss decided to pull that Christian holiday bullshit on me, and decided I wasn't worthy to get Christmas off. And she makes me decide between Thanksgiving and Christmas usually; I can't get both off. Even with enough seniority to make one cry. Surprisingly, I usually want Christmas off, because it is the sole day my parents and I sit at a table and eat dinner together. They're also Christian, even if I'm not.

But I still got fucked. :vent:

Oddly enough though, she hasn't given me Easter in a few years. I think she just wants to avoid paying me for overtime for a holiday that can be easily worked on, since I'm the highest paid worker.

Yeah, after telling them what they can do with themselves, my next reaction was to

tell them the origin of Easter. Didn't phase them. When I start saying anything that causes

them to think, they usually get this glassed over look and tone me out.

Sokudo N.

Man that's gotta suck when the boss gets into the act. Luckily my supervisor isn't one

involved. Eventhough she is a christian, she isn't like that.

Hi,

I agree with a couple of other people on here. Easter is a pagan tradition which has been hijacked by christianity just like christmas and most other things in their belief. For some reason they changed the name of christmas but didnt bother with "Easter". There are passages in the bible which condemn the celebrating of Easter.

There are some christian sects which dont celebrate Easter for this reason. There are also christians that acknowledge that Easter has pagan roots but still celebrate is as a christian thing. You can do searches on the internet if you're interested in this.

Anyhow you cant really say this to the christians because you may get in trouble. You could just say that it is a public holiday and ur just as entitled as any of them to have the day off.

It would be interesting to ask ur co-workers how they spend this holiday. I bet you they spend most of their time boozing up/relaxing/family time and very little time to doing christian things such as attending church. Arent church services held at night aswell..so why cant they go to work and then go to church?

I understand ur frustration. I got asked by my ex's parents why I celebrate Christmas etc. I was so tempted to ask them the same thing because it is pagan but I had too much respect for them.